Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Covington, Kentucky
Requisition ID: 38123
Business Unit: MPC Erlanger (MPC Erlanger)
KY, United States, 41018
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The primary goal of this position is to achieve excellence in all facets of health, safety and environmental (HSE) management consistent with Meggitt PLC requirements.
The HSE Manager must have a pro-active approach in improving the health, safety and environmental performance of the company. This position is responsible for coordinating and administering Meggitt HSE policies and procedures in conjunction with the long term HSE goals of the company. The position is responsible for assisting in implementing HSE programs at the assigned locations and for minimizing company safety losses and environmental impacts, as well as to assure compliance with applicable HSE laws and regulations. The objective is to reduce health and safety losses by establishing and enforcing effective health and safety policies and loss control programs; developing a culture that proactively engages in anticipating and preventing hazardous conditions; developing and providing HSE compliance training; and by engaging management commitment and support to drive the appropriate behaviors that prevent injuries or illnesses in the workplace.
The successful candidate for the HSE Manager position should have a good working knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulations, including air emission regulations applicable to the assigned facilities, waste regulations, hazardous materials management requirements, health and safety regulations and requirements, and best practices within the manufacturing industry.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Leads the Health, Safety and Environment Team, while managing the environmental, industrial, health and safety regulation compliance for the facility.
* Oversees the development, planning, and implementation of environmental, health and safety policies.
* Collaborates with other business units to implement the Health, Safety and Environment programs, policies and services.
* Ensures appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist.
* Oversees hazardous radioactive waste disposal and monitors waste handling.
* Develops and oversees company training programs for employees in areas of compliance training, lab/plant inspection, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, and life safety.
* Defines and ensures the development of safety procedures (e.g., chemical handling, hazardous waste disposal, ergonomic, injury prevention, process safety) used by staff.
* Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs.
* Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations.
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
Education: Bachelor\'s Degree required; Environmental, Health and Safety related field is preferred
Years Experience: 7 10 years related HSE management experience in a manufacturing setting required including industrial hygiene experience.
* Must have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to interpret and apply local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety laws and other government compliance regulations.
* Professional certifications in safety and/or risk management such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Associate of Risk Management (ARM) are preferred.
* Knowledge and experience in collecting, managing and analyzing various data and trends in environmental, health and safety performance and compliance is required.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence while exercising sensitivity to the audience.
* Successful candidate must have a proven track record of achieving excellent HSE performance results in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools is required
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.