Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milford, New Hampshire
Job ID: 13774
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitoring the production line and doing periodic Quality Control checks
• Implementing improvements to production processes that lead to overall increases in product quality
• Working together with project leaders to discuss solutions to quality issues
• Satisfying customer expectations about the product's quality
• Creating production plans for new products to guarantee quality from throughout each phase gate
• Scheduling project plans along with the project team to fit project deadlines
• Writing reports on design, pre-production, and production to check on the quality status of the product at all stages of production and inform the rest of the production team
• Complying with ISO AS9100 & ISO 9001 accreditation standards and requirements
• Auditing materials provided by suppliers to assure quality before incorporation into the product
• Assessing the product's quality by testing for a range of features and seeing how the product performs under stresses like impact, temperature, humidity, etc.
• Investigating causes of quality problems and proposing solutions
• Training new Quality Assurance & Control employees
• Utilising extensive knowledge of the product's inner workings to diagnose problems
• Continuing education on newly developing Quality Assurance and Control techniques
• Manage subordinates in the quality department to provide effective and efficient services to the site and its customers. Direct reports include incoming inspection, fab inspection, in process inspection/FAA designee and quality engineers.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, training and evaluation of subordinates.
• Responsible for managing direct reports time off in order to assure coverage is available to support production and customer service operations
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and/or an equivalent QA managerial work experience reflecting a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments in a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of aerospace customer requirements and the ability to assure that these requirements are being met.
• Management, Teamwork, Leadership, Eye for Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting, Quality Control (QC), Quality Assurance (QA), Reading Specs and Schematics, Cool Under Pressure, Conflict Resolution, Problem Solving, Multi-Tasking, Auditing, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Timeliness, Scheduling, Product Knowledge, Employee Education/Training, Product Testing, Communication, Innovation
Excellent interpersonal skills
Six Sigma Black Belt
Proactive approach to product, process and people improvements
Familiar or experience with other standards such as ISO13485
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.