Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Gain one-of-a-kind experience in Information Security and Technology Risk Management with Northern Trust, a global financial solutions company. During this 24-month program, you will perform meaningful assignments that maximize cyber protection for our clients, while receiving ongoing mentoring and training from some of the Cybersecurity industry's most experienced thought leaders.
Together, we will customize a development path focused on your interests and experience. Rotations will last four to nine months in the following areas:
• Information Security & Technology Risk Management
• IT Audit
• Security Technology
The role begins summer 2019.
Who we are looking for: entry level candidates who have passion for Cybersecurity and Technology. The program is designed to develop technical skills, business acumen and leadership abilities through mentorship and rotational assignments across multiple areas sponsored by key business lines.
How you'll make an impact:
At Northern Trust, you'll have the power to make a difference and face real world challenges while gaining a broader perspective along with exposure to leadership in different departments.
You will be part of a diverse and talented team providing the technical horsepower on assignments working with:
Information Security & Technology Risk Management - Rotate through the core functions of Cybersecurity and Technology risk that reports to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). You will experience oversight for protecting Northern Trust's Information Assets in the development and execution of the global risk assessment and be exposed to enterprise security awareness, third party due diligence assessments, assessing business risks in deviating from stated control objectives, validating company security controls, penetration testing, and reviewing security and technology intelligence.
IT Audit - Gain experience executing a global portfolio of technology and information security related audit engagements. You will learn about technology processes and standards, the risks that Northern Trust faces and the controls designed to keep our technologies and business operations safe. Learn concepts around effective control design, independently reviewing technology focused controls across multiple technologies, platforms and applications.
Security Technology - Rotate through the core functions of Security Technology in support of the identification, analysis, and mitigation of threats to internal IT systems/networks. Deliver solutions that meet end user expectations relative to performance, usability and security.
Technology - Rotations are designed to provide exposure to various technologies and roles, where members will develop technical and business acumen through their contributions to key IT projects and initiatives. Rotations will increase in complexity to promote fast-paced, progressive learning throughout the program.
After successfully completing the program, qualified participants will apply for a role that best leverages the experiences they've gained throughout their rotations and meets their career interests.
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent individuals and families globally. With130 years of financial experience, our 18,800 partners serve some of the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a collaborative work culture that provides growth and opportunity along with financial strength and stability. Movement within the company is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and we are an active member of the communities we serve as a leader in business and philanthropy.
We recognize the value of a diverse workforce and embrace inclusion and diversity of culture, thought, and experience.
We'd love to learn more about how your experience and areas of interest could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies.
• "Ranked #1, America's Best Employers for Diversity" (Forbes Magazine, 2018)
• "A World's Most Ethical Company" (Ethisphere Institute, 2017 - 4th Consecutive Year)
• "World's Most Admired Companies" (Fortune Magazine, 2018 - 12th Consecutive Year)
Qualifications for success:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline.
• Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Highly desired qualifications:
• IT Audit or IT Risk Management or related work experience
• Awareness of Information Security disciplines, such as secure application development penetration testing, threat intelligence, and security awareness
• Basic understanding of IT risk management concepts to identify risks associated with the use of information technology.
• Ability to prepare, organize and write documents that communicate proper justification and support risk ratings
• Leadership, teamwork and client servicing ability
• Analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills, along with adaptability and ability to learn quickly in high-pressure environments
• A well-rounded character, appreciating diversity and valuing inclusion
• Knowledge and interest in the financial services industry
We do not/will not sponsor program participants for work authorization, including H-1B petitions.