Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of
outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded
in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees
globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign
wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the
most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment
management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions
enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we
continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future
generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
March 31,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
trillion in assets under custody/administration
trillion in assets under custody
trillion in assets under management
in banking assets
This is a 10-week Summer program in our Chicago office. Tentative time-frame of June 10th-August 16th, 2019.
Trust's Loan Operations group is in the process of updating its file room
inventory. This involves several
components, as follows:
• Review all physical files to match to the file
tracking system (File on Q), and to match to the system of record (FIS);
Repairing files that have been damaged;
Add bar code technology to files;
Identifying paid files that should be sent to
our warehouse; and
Preparing to the files to be moved to the bank
building in Q4 2019.
several different roles that will be needed to accomplish the project, as
defined below. Individuals will likely
be asked to perform each of these functions during their time here. The skill set required for all roles are as
Strong organizational skills;
Ability to work well as part of a team;
Familiarity with Microsoft Excel;
Ability to learn and understand other software
applications, specifically File on Q (prior knowledge not required or
Loan Count Analyst
The responsibilities of the Inventory Analyst are to:
• Count and track the # of files in the
• Identify the damaged file folders.
• Hand-off damaged file folders to the
Loan Repair Analyst.
• Update the "Daily Count" Excel Spreadsheet.
Loan Repair Analyst
The responsibilities of the Loan Repair Analyst consist of:
• Repair Damaged Loan Files
• Prepare the loan files to send Iron
Loan System Reconciliation
The responsibilities of the Loan System Reconciliation Analyst consist
• Reconcile the loan file status
against the FIS Metavante and FileOnQ reports
• Review the loan file status and
comments in FileOnQ
• Verify the loan number in FileOnQ vs.
• Update the working copy of the FIS
Metavante report with system updates required
• Coordinate FileOnQ updates with the
Operations Loan Analyst
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of evaluation reporting/reconciliation principles
• Principles of accounting and finance