Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Martinsburg, West Virginia
This role will provide care for the basic needs of canines that are being trained at the SOC Canine Training Center. The incumbent will also be responsible for the everyday up-keep of the facility kennels and surrounding interior/exterior areas.
* Thoroughly cleans and disinfects kennel areas as often as necessary (i.e. to ensure no crates or kennels are soiled and odors are mitigated). Ensures kennels are labeled correctly and includes all necessary information. Maintains the facility by performing tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping/mopping floors, wiping counters, taking out trash, cleaning bathrooms, and checking equipment and supplies. Washes and sterilizes water and food bowls daily.
* Observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent. Show genuine compassion for all working canines.
* Exercises canines several times a day to provide exercise and time for elimination of bowels and bladder as directed by training personnel.
* Assists veterinary staff while on site. Administers and records medications distributed as indicated by the Director of Canine Training and the Veterinarian.
* Patrols facility grounds daily (front, back and sides), picking up any trash and stool material. Ensures canine break areas/exercise areas are maintained and free of dangers.
* Bathes canines when necessary.
* Ability to recognize obvious canine signs of illness, disease and discontent
* Have a solid foundation and understanding of how bacteria is controlled or eliminated.
* Expertise in canine medical documentation and medication administration.
* Previous dog kenneling experience.
* Compassion for canines.
* High School Diploma
* Prior Veterinary Technician or Kennel Technician experience preferred
* Veterinarian Technician Certification preferred
* Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.