Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: cambridge, Ohio
S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice
S.A. Comunale Co., Inc, an Emcor Company, is seeking qualified applicants for the Local #669 Sprinkler Fitter Apprenticeship program. This is a 5-year apprenticeship program working side-by-side with a journeyman sprinkler fitter installing automatic fire protection systems. Apprentices are required to join Local #669 and complete on the job training and a 5-year correspondence course towards becoming a journeyman sprinkler fitter.
Candidates will be subject to a drug screen, physical and background check.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
* Install, repair and maintain all types of fixed extinguishing systems.
* Responsible for installing and servicing a variety of other fire protection equipment such as standpipes, carbon dioxide systems, halon systems, foam systems and dry chemical systems.
* Comply with union collective bargaining agreement.
* Proven organizational skills.
* Valid driver's license with a clean driving record required
* Ability to lift up to at least 75 pounds required
* Willing to climb ladders and use aerial lifts; with or without reasonable accommodation required
* Not afraid of heights required
* Strong mechanical background preferred
* Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment required
* Willingness to travel required
Education / Work Experience:
* High school diploma or GED required.
* 2+ years of experience in manufacturing, mechanical, piping, construction, or coal mining required.
* Background in construction preferred.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities to perform this job successfully. The ideal candidate will possess good oral and written communication skills in addition to good organization skills.
* Must think strategically, make sound decisions, and produce accurate and timely results.
* Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees and management.
* Must demonstrate integrity and professionalism.
* Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
* Must possess excellent organizational skills.
* Must follow-up on tasks and assignments in a timely manner.
* Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Must prioritize in a fast paced multi-task environment.
* Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions.
* Must work with minimal supervision.
* Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Must comply with all operating policies, procedures, executed Plans, and Programs.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.