Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
Reference Code: 57961
Location: United States (US) - Charleston, WV
Job Category: Information Technology/Systems
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Reporting to Manager, US Field Services IT the Applications Developer will be responsible and accountable for:
* Performing application system production support, maintenance and development
* Performing System Administration and Change Management functions in accordance with defined procedures
* Providing stable and reliable 24/7/365 operation of application services that meet business desired Service Levels
What you ll do
* Develop system application deliverables such as screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, reports, system interfaces, test scripts, and training documents with moderate to limited management direction
* Assist outside vendors/suppliers of software or services with the resolution of any issues impacting the applications they support
* Develop and maintain at high quality system documentation including process maps, data flows, infrastructure diagrams, as well as installation and configuration procedures
* Provide estimates of work effort
* Proactively provide ideas to improve proposed solutions
* Actively participate in application design, database design, schema layout and data loading
* Actively participate in code walkthroughs/inspections as per the software development process and Quality Management Plan
* Prepare sample data and unit test plans
* Troubleshoot and correct complex bugs or issues (including performance issues)
* Develop and execute unit and integration tests
* Assist in the set up and execution of demonstrations as required
* Align work efforts with project schedules/work plans
* Interact with customers, coworkers, and end users
* Other tasks as required
* Bachelor\'s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, Business Analysis or have equivalent experience
* Minimum 4 years of relevant industry experience
* General understanding or specific knowledge of any IT application associated with the Natural Gas Industry
* Be proficient with MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerBI, PowerApps, etc.
* Be proficient with one or more of the common software development tools and methods such as C#, the .NET environment, XML, Web Services, etc.
* Have knowledge of MS Windows, MS SQL Server, MS Windows Server, MS Visio and MS Project
* Have knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services and either be certified or be able to become certified in one or more cloud roles
* Have an understanding of relational database design concepts (table structure; one-to-many relationships) and how to query data using Structured Query Language (SQL)
* Have an understanding of the fundamentals of project management
* Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
* Have excellent interpersonal/team-building skills
* Be willing to travel to business unit locations, as needed
* Be self-motivated and proactive
* Demonstrate strong organizational skills
* Demonstrate exceptional teamwork, communication and customer service skills
* Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others\' perspectives/convictions, engaging others\' opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners
* Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds
* Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment
* Have the desire and ability to work under tight deadlines and perform problem solving in high priority situations
About Our Business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 05/29/2019. To apply, please visit transcanada.com/careers through your desktop or laptop. Use reference code 57961. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Nearest Major Market: Charleston West Virginia
Job Segment: Application Developer, Developer, Engineer, Quality Manager, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Quality.