Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, Texas
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Bachelor's degree in appropriate health care discipline or device manufacturing, five (5) years clinical experience with at least two (2) in quality assurance, infection control, or risk management or five years industrial, pharmaceutical, or similar experience in quality assurance and at least two (2) years recent experience in quality assurance and biologic and device regulation, and certification as required by specific position.
This position will be Quality Assurance and DSMC Coordinator. The Quality Assurance Coordinator (QAC) plans, organizes and performs audits in accordance with the Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center (SCCC)-DSMC Plan.
Prepares reports, reviews audit responses, corrective actions and follows up on outstanding requests. Functions as DSMC Coordinator, manages quarterly meetings, maintain database for AE tracking and reporting.
1. Manage daily quality assessment and quality assurance programs, including but not limited to, areas of licensure and accreditation from federal agencies and peer review organizations. Responsible for review and appropriate reporting of all adverse occurrences, which may be either patient, donor, recipient, or employee related. Collects, maintains, organizes, and presents all relevant data that documents function and status of quality management program.
2. Assists administrative & technical personnel to develop, organize, & evaluate quality management program goals and objectives.
3. Identifies and investigates with defined parameters: documents and reports, all adverse occurrences, and potential problems to Director or Department Chair, and as may be required with university administrative offices.
4. Provides working supervision to group of administrative and/or technical positions.
5. Submits data trends and outcome assessments; develops new measures as appropriate.
6. Organizes data gathering and facilities data review; prepares data reports.
7. Makes recommendations for problem resolutions.
8. Coordinates staff education programs and training seminars as necessary.
9. Manages sensitive issues and medical/social information in in professional and confidential manner from liability standpoint.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSOUTHWESTERN MEDICAL CENTER IS COMMITTED TO AN EDUCATIONAL AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT THAT PROVIDES EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY. IN ACCORDANCE WITH FEDERAL AND STATE LAW, THE UNIVERSITY PROHIBITS UNLAWFUL DISCRIMINATION, INCLUDING HARASSMENT, ON THE BASIS OF: RACE; COLOR; RELIGION; NATIONAL ORIGIN; SEX; INCLUDING SEXUAL HARASSMENT; AGE; DISABILITY; GENETIC INFORMATION; CITIZENSHIP STATUS; AND PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IN ADDITION, IT IS UTSOUTHWESTERN POLICY TO PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, OR GENDER EXPRESSION.