Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, Texas
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
High school graduation or GED and two (2) years related secretarial/administrative experience. Testing may be required.
- Transcribes dictation that may involve use of medical or scientific terminology; ensures correct format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Types correspondence, memorandums, grants, manuscripts, book chapters, etc. from complex rough drafts, which may involve special formats and complicated footnotes.
- Composes letters, memorandums, and other non routine correspondence for supervisor's signature.
- Processes and submits on line forms; pays invoices.
- Coordinates meetings and conferences for supervisor or other staff members.
- Makes appointments and maintains supervisor's calendar; makes travel and hotel reservations for supervisor or other staff members.
- Receives, screens, and directs visitors as required; answers and makes telephone calls; transfers calls, takes messages, or answers questions as necessary, including patient related calls and appointments.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming mail; makes copies; faxes documents; makes deliveries on and off campus.
- Completes moderately complex projects and reports as requested by supervisor using word processing, spreadsheet, or database applications.
- Retrieves articles from Library; makes copies, including performing on line library searches.
- Maintains various files and records for operating unit, which may include vacation/sick leave, personnel files, etc.; handles confidential and sensitive information in appropriate manner.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.