Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, Texas
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Associates degree and two (2) years experience with medical billing or claims processing, knowledge or billing and/or collections rules and regulations or High School diploma and four (4) yrs. experience with medical billing or claims processing, knowledge of billing and/or collections rules and regulations is required.
* Reviews and processes insurance claims through the billing system, including Medicaid, Medicare, third party payers.
* Responsible for contacting patients, and/or third party payers to resolve outstanding insurance balances or inappropriately paid claims.
* Identifies problems and inconsistencies by using management reports; summarizes findings and makes recommendations to resolve billing issues.
* Reviews and resolves correspondence from all organizations.
* Functions as resource person for departmental personnel to answer questions and assists with problem resolution.
* Functions as liaison between clinical departments and third party payers.
* Completes special projects as requested.
* Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
* Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.