Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, Texas
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT
Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Associates degree or 2 years of college-level coursework in related field and two (2) years related experience preferably in asset operations. Requires experience using ERP Systems, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Internet. Requires valid state drivers license, possession/maintenance of acceptable UT System driver rating.
1. Coordinate functions of a team.
2. Prepare daily employee assignments, and coordinate all activities of the assigned function.
3. Train employees in the use of all equipment used in the operation.
4. Assist with periodic asset and equipment inventory.
5. Plan and organize relocation of Surplus property to the warehouse.
6. Maintain monthly accounting of assets and equipment in the assigned areas.
7. Prepare monthly asset reports for assigned functions.
8. Assign control numbers to equipment, and properly store items in the Surplus Warehouse.
9. Track status of equipment in custody, including data storage device sanitization.
10. Update data for accurate transfer of equipment to Surplus warehouse and into the state higher education coordinating boards surplus property web site.
11. Coordinate efficient sale and disposal of surplus property only through authorized channels.
12. Communicate by official e-mail to the University, vendors and customers. Uses electronic devices provided by the university to scan and track equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Work requires understanding of warehouse procedures and ability to utilize standard warehouse equipment.
* Ability to use tools and moving equipment such as Fork Lift, Pallet Jacks.
* Work will require frequent lifting and/or moving of heavy equipment that exceeds 50 pounds.
* Work requires knowledge of all UT System Rules and Regulations and state and federal laws pertaining to surplus property.
* Work requires accuracy in maintenance of inventory, shipping, and receiving records.
* Work requires telephone and personal contact with various levels of internal and external personnel and organizations.
* Work requires ability to effectively interpret and apply organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
* Work requires good interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
* Work requires ability to communicate clearly.
Work is performed primarily in warehouse area.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.