Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We are harnessing the power of cloud, data analytics, the Internet of Things, and user design thinking to deliver on the promise of intelligent buildings and smart cities that connect communities in ways that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
In this career defining opportunity within the commercial strategy organization, you will support the achievement of Converged Cyber-Physical Security (CCS) revenue goals and strategic objectives with Microsoft, a major strategic account of the product group.
The Head of Sales Operations sales leadership role will provide operational support around sales reporting, forecasting, sales compensation and quotas negotiation, sales training, channel analysis, and actionable recommendations for the advancement of the P&L. This role works closely with the VP of Commercial Strategy and VP/GM of the Connected Security businesses at Johnson Controls.
Key Job Responsibilities
Metrics, Forecasting, Reporting
• Provide the leadership team and sales/marketing teams with ongoing analysis and measurement for pipeline, goal setting, revenue growth, forecasting, lead generation, and general business performance – sell-to Microsoft
• Leveraging existing product implementations that have been built using the Digital Vault, and any other systems necessary to ensure a seamless customer journey, supported by clean data and reporting between all stages
• Partner with marketing to manage how leads flow into the sales pipeline; collaborate on lead management processes and metrics, database health, targeting & segmentation plans, and alignment with sales and technical operations
• Work directly with key revenue team leaders across Sales, and the Product Management Delivery Team to identify strategic and operational business insights and high-priority objectives as we enter our next phase of growth
• Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the company (i.e. working in tandem with Finance)
Sales Productivity and Process (Full-Funnel)
• Collaborate with product leadership to model, forecast, and report on lead generation activities to ensure that sales goals can be achieved. This includes working to develop targets and KPIs, to implement a "single source of truth" for full-funnel reporting, and to establish SLAs between the sales and product organizations that can be monitored and measured on a regular basis
• Develop the ongoing processes for QA, maintenance, and enhancement of marketing, sales, and customer databases: process, standards, access control, documentation, etc.
• Develop new ways to mine our contact and account data to support and guide sales strategy with Microsoft as a key customer. Identify gaps in our contact, account, and customer data and implement practices that ensure data quality.
• Analyze all aspects of sales data and rep productivity data, and provides actionable recommendations. This analysis includes all facets of the data, ranging from opportunity and pipeline analysis to sales velocity to rep performance and beyond.
• Work closely with sales management to improve sales processes and to drive consistency across the sales organization. Assist sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
• Develop a framework and process with the VP of Commercial Strategy for staff meetings and manage agenda, attendees, notes, and helps in facilitation of the meetings and in holding others accountable for deliverables.
Accountabilities And Performance Measures
• Partner well with the senior Microsoft leadership team to drive a cohesive and successful sales strategy and sales agenda for the CCS portfolio
• Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and resolve conflict across different functional areas
• Accountable for the implementation, ongoing maintenance, and data accuracy across all of our standing product offerings at Microsoft
• Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting and sales data analysis
• Accountable for the development and timely rollout of quotas and performance objectives
• Accountable for the thorough implementation and monitoring of sales initiatives
• Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources for the customer
What we look for:
• 8-10 years of progressive experience in sales operations, business planning, strategic planning, or sales support
• This experience should include working with both inside and field sales organizations.
• This experience should include working with fast growing SaaS companies achieving rapid year-over-year growth
• Expertise in a major CRM systems such as Salesforce including standard objects (Campaigns, Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities) and integrated applications. Experience connecting, managing and auditing integrated apps
• Comfortable with quantitative models, drawing insights from large and complex datasets and translating those into actionable strategies and reporting on results
• Ability to independently lead projects and independently scope, prioritize and execute initiatives while working with other leaders cross-functionally
• Experience working in the areas of strategy, organizational design, process optimization and go-to-market strategy
• Proven ability to be successful in a complex, fast-paced environment, planning and managing at both the strategic and operational level
• Expert level skills using Excel for data analysis and modeling is a must have
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.