Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
*2 Positions Available*
Under the direction of the OR Material Supervisor , the OR Supply Assistant is responsible for daily ordering of assigned on hand inventory within the storeroom and maintaining established par levels on the Lawson PDAD hand-helds. Responsible for the stocking of received supply as a result of assigned storeroom ordering. Responsible for the restocking of daily returns from the OR surgical cases. Responsible for surgical case picks in assigned areas. Responsible for storeroom issuance to the nursing staff while present in the storerooms.
* 1. Monitors replenishment of supplies with established par levels according to OR Materials set pars.
* 1.1. Replenishes perpetual inventory to the storeroom from off-site area, as required, to have necessary supplies readily available based on established par levels.
* 1.2. Completes and signs responsibly for the receipt of perpetual inventory as necessary via the Lawson computer software.
* 1.3. Assists the Nursing and Medical staff in locating supplies and scans inventory out of the supply room using handheld scanners in a consistent and time manner as observed by supervisor.
* 1.4. Proactively suggests reducing par levels based upon actual utilization data for each supply area to minimize storeroom and room inventories. Notifies OR MaterialsManager of any unusual trends.
* 1.5. On a monthly basis performs cycle counts for the designated area as directed by the OR Materials Manager and checks for outdated supplies, removing these supplies and reporting them to the OR Materials Manager
* 1.6. Restocks all returned, unused products to proper storage locations daily using the hand held scanners.
* 1.7. Picks surgical cases according to Doctors' Preference Cards as they are printed from Epic
* 1.8. Periodically downloads the scanned information obtained and stored in the handheld scanners into the assigned computer and the Lawson software at set intervals during the day established by the OR Materials Manager.
* 2. Performs daily receiving functions following delivery of supplies from Hospital Materials
* 2.1. Ensures that all loaned supplies for areas outside the designated Operating Rooms are scanned in or out properly and reported to the OR Materials Manager.
* 2.2. Responsible for obtaining charge cards for supplies borrowed by other departments on a consistent basis, as observed by a supervisor.
* 2.3. Informs OR Materials Manager of repetitious requests from other patient care areas and other institutions on a regular basis
* 2.4. Keeps OR Materials Manager and the Clinical Service Coordinators informed of supply problems, such as back orders, inappropriate utilization at the time of occurrence.
* 2.5. Advises Clinical Service Coordinators of procedural changes taking place in the supply area, such as re-organization of storage location of changes in par levels.
* 2.6. Provides the OR Materials Manager and Clinical Service Coordinators with timely feedback on substituted or out of stock supply items.
* 2.7. Coordinates maintenance of environment of care by initiating repair requests, F112's or clipboard reporting and follows through to endure timely completion (such as replacing overhead light bulbs, shelving problems).
* 3. Follows established standards to manage case picking of supplies for the operating rooms.
* 3.1. Reports any discrepancies in work area or potential problems to the OR Materials Manager.
* 3.2. Notifies Medical Engineering of equipment pertaining to the perpetual inventory storerooms needing repair as required and observed by either the OR Materials Manager.
* 3.3. Assists with contacting local institutions for the borrowing of emergency supplies during off shifts, as requested, on a timely basis, as observed by medical staff, the OR Materials Manager, or the supply coordinator staff.
* 3.4. Rotates inventory using FI-FO method on a regular basis, as observed by the OR Materials Manager.
* 3.5. Responds to emergency situations by obtaining supplies and equipment as needed, as observed by the OR Materials Manager.
* 4. Responsible for restocking all returned unused product from the operating rooms back into the storerooms
* 4.1. Monthly cycle counts the perpetual inventory and checks for expired supplies, as observed by the OR Supply Supervisor.
* 4.2. Maintains a neat and orderly supply room on a regular basis, as observed by the OR Supply Supervisor.
* 5. Performs various related special projects as required, in order to contribute to the efficient operation of the OR.
* 6. Maintains a safe and orderly environment within the storerooms in compliance with hospital policies to ensure efficiency of all supply areas.
* 7. Assumes responsibility for personal/professional growth and development.
* 8. Practices adherence to hospital and department Customer Service Standards in interactions such as issuing or helping to locate product with physicians, nurses and all types and levels of staff within and outside of the department and/or the organization.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum one (1) year experience in purchasing, procurement and familiarity with Materials Management functions related to inventory, ordering, receipt and stocking and maintenance of appropriate PAR levels preferable.
Familiarity with inventory management system, preferably handheld technology assisted system. Skills to operate a computer for data entry, extraction, report generation and information management preferable.
Responsible for timely and accurate execution of supply ordering using Lawson pdad handhelds. Performs receiving and re-stocking of ordered inventory. Performs daily case picks for next day scheduled cases and restocks all returns for unused items. Responsible for all customer relations in the storerooms to include issuing, answering questions and resolving problems as needed. Assists with various related functions within OR Materials such as labeling, barcoding, and budget reduction projects as needed.
Must be able to work with OR Cluster Coordinators and OR Materials staff in managing supply inventories in the OR as they relate to Pick List . Must be able to recommend adjustments to stock par levels as they relate to case utilization. Must be able to operate basic computer software and demonstrate basic data keypunch.
Works within perioperative department across pavilions and storerooms as assigned by supervisor. Must wear PPE at all times as required in the OR. Must be able to lift boxes up to 50 lbs. Must be able to push supply trucks up to 500 lbs. Must be able to stand, squat, walk for the entire 8 hour shift as they relate to the performance of assigned duties.