Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
*3 POSITIONS AVAILABLE*
The Hospitalist Administrative Coordinator reports to the Senior Manager, Hospitalist Service and will work with physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, nurses, and the entire healthcare team to assist with administrative responsibilities and coordination of exceptional patient care and experience. The Hospitalist Administrative Coordinator is responsible and accountable for ensuring appropriate transitions of care from admission through discharge. Primary role of the Hospitalist Administrative Coordinator is collaboration and communication with the Hospitalist Service providers, members of the healthcare team, referring providers, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and patients. In collaboration with the Hospitalist Service providers and leadership, the Hospitalist Administrative Coordinator enhances the delivery of high quality, efficient care for all patients admitted to the Hospitalist Service .
* 1. Serves as the clinical and administrative liaison between patients, families, referring providers, and community
to ensure exceptional care throughout hospitalization. Assists with timely, efficient and seamless transitions
of care and facilitates a smooth, safe transition of care for all Hospitalist Service patients.
* 1.1. Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family.
* 1.2. Follows up with MD/APP regarding questions related to physician prescription orders.
* 1.3. Functions as a liaison between Hospitalist providers, community physicians, and agencies; collaborates
with physician liaisons to establish relationships and ensure ongoing dialogue regarding patient referrals
and needs. Works collaboratively to remove any identified barriers .
* 1.4. Functions as a resource for patients requiring coordination of multiple appointments.
* 1.5. Functions as a care navigator for patients requiring out-patient procedures.
* 1.6. Contacts and collaborates with referring hospitals, healthcare facilities, and providers to gather
necessary information required to facilitate all associated administrative aspects related to admission
process, inpatient care, transitions of care, and discharge preparations.
* 1.7. Coordinates the flow and communication of PHI under HIPPA guidelines to the appropriate Hospitalist
provider. Assures all necessary information is documented and communicated to members of the
* 1.8. Interacts with community MD's, referring hospitals, and outside agencies upon admission and post
discharge to ensure safe transitions of care.
* 1.9. Assists providers with scheduling care team meetings with patients and/or families.
* 1.10. Assumes responsibility for tasks which support providers and patients thereby resulting in efficient , high
quality care; tasks include but are not limited to:
*schedule appointments and connect with care partners including PCP, outpatient specialty clinics,
outpatient procedures, outpatient labs, outpatient imaging, and referring facilities
*obtain patient records including medical records, images/reports, laboratory results, and pathology
*assists with medication reconciliation: obtain medication list, contact patient's pharmacy as
appropriate, document current medications and interview patient as required, and document patient's
*obtain prior authorizations for medications, treatments/therapies, and DME
*faxes all documents related to patient care to PCP, referring hospitals, etc
*contact VA for medication records, appointments, release forms, etc for VA patients admitted to
* 1.11. Ensures documentation of all patient and family interactions in the EMR according to established
* 1.12. Attends multidisciplinary rounds as appropriate.
* 2. Assists providers with patient throughput to ensure timely discharges.
* 2.1. Serves as a patient resource, and advocate.
* 2.2. Ensures scheduling of patient's specialty appointments post discharge.
* 2.3. Follows up with specialty clinics to address any identified gaps in referrals and intervenes as
* 2.4. Assists patients and families in addressing their needs and concerns to ensure understanding of care
and clinic visits.
* 2.5. Supports and enhances communication and coordination of clinic visit with patient, family, referring
provider, and specialty team.
* 2.6. Communicates changes in patient's discharge to community PCP or referring agency.
* 3. Participates in initiatives and projects which contribute to exceptional patient and customer service, and staff
* 3.1. Participates in all Hospitalist Service activities including staff meetings , continued education, and
ongoing workflow and process improvement activities.
* 3.2. Demonstrates patient service excellence at all times.
* 3.3. Utilizes the electronic medical record for appointment scheduling following established guidelines.
* 3.4. Assists Hospitalist Service Clinical and Administrative leadership with monitoring performance and
quality indicators. Supports performance improvement activities related to transitions of care, safety,
quality, and patient experience.
* 3.5. Applies skills and knowledge consistently and in accordance with standards of practice.
* 3.6. Participates in team building activities that contribute to patient care, staff education, and self
Associates or Bachelors degree in healthcare related field or graduate of an accredited LPN program preferred.
Three (3) to five (5) years experience in a health care environment; acute care hospital experience preferred.
Licensed in the State of Connecticut as appropriate for degree.
Must be collaborative, organized and able to prioritize while working with a large team of providers. Must be self directed, able to multi-task, have exceptional communication skills, and have ability to work independently to resolve issues. Must have excellent organizational, problem solving, project management, and written communication skills. Must be able to engage with a diverse population of patients, providers, colleagues, and community providers/facilities.
Is responsible for assisting Hospitalist Service leadership and providers with providing comprehensive, quality care resulting in exceptional customer service and patient experience. Is accountable for all administrative tasks associated with the care of patients on the Hospitalist Service in order to ensure efficient operations and quality care.
Must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and ability to quickly adapt to a variety of tasks while maintaining focus on standards and processes. Must be able to apply skills related to problem solving, resource utilization, conflict management, and decision making when working with patients, families, and members of the healthcare team. Participates in evaluating new processes to enhance workflow. Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills and is able to interact with the healthcare team in a positive and productive manner.