Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Senior Corporate Contracts Specialist, reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Manager, will be responsible for generating, identifying, and sourcing ideas as a result of their own research combined with information provided by Supply Chain Analytics, vendors, GPO's, user groups, benchmarked purchase data and CEC participants, from all YNHHS entities. Compilation of this YNHHS information, coordination of product trials, preparation of financial analysis, and user group review are required to negotiate consensus of all entities in a given solution and subsequent conversion and implementation plan for any product or service. All of this is accomplished in direct support of YNHHS and each entity's business plan. Gaining the agreement of all YNHHS facilities requires the Senior Corporate Contracts Specialist to function autonomously in most cases, handling complex multiple tasks with minimal supervision. The ability to change priorities dependent upon organizational need is also necessary. Being a leader and advisor is an expectation of this position.
Responsible for collaborating with various levels of Supply Chain teammates and Hospital personnel (to include all entities within YNHHS) to explore alternatives and negotiate with vendors, contracts and agreements for the acquisition of various supplies and services such as Capital and Professional equipment, furnishings, projects, inventory and department supplies. This work will focus on standardization, reduced/stable pricing, adhering to appropriate purchasing and contracting policies and preparing contract documents that protect the interest of all of the YNHHS entities. Sr. Contract Specialists are expected to fully utilize the features of Infor Contract Manager and input all contract data, communicate and negotiate in the system, and follow-through by logging savings and tracking associated rebates.
* 1. Working with clinical and administrative leadership, performing non-salary expense analysis, generating cost reduction initiatives for all of YNHHS, coordinating bid processes, conducting detailed analyses of bid options, negotiating contracts to promote product standardization, utilization review and expense reduction. Senior Contract Specialist provides leadership at monthly swim lane meetings and is responsible for generating ideas for CGC/OGC/NGC review by all entities. This includes compiling present spending data for each institution and researching various options for cost savings that may be available either with the products or the utilization of those products. Senior Contract Specialist prepares a separate cost /value analysis for each entity as well as for the System as a whole. This analysis details the present usage /costs as compared with the potential for reducing those costs as a result of change. Included in this analysis are non -financial factors that will influence the decision. Ultimately work to achieve agreement amongst the representatives of all entities on the strategy for purchase, contract terms and implementation within each entity for a particular product group.
* 2. Administer the Capital Equipment negotiation and acquisition process for all entities of YNHHS. Assure the utilization of GPO contracts as appropriate, utilize benchmarking tools (such as ECRI) and industry equipment information, access the internal budgeting systems for information and leverage the volume of the YNHHS capital needs to obtain the greatest value for all institutions.
* 3. Senior Contract Specialist acts as a liaison between the entities, encouraging the sharing of information and practices while bringing end users, clinical leadership and administrators together in a blended conclusion that can change and improve purchase and/or practice to achieve YNHHS goals. Senior Contract Specialist develops and implements additional opportunities to achieve interaction with key customers/stakeholders at each site to promote increased utilization of system contract services and improve customer satisfaction.
* 4. Senior Contract Specialist must be able to maintain a high tolerance for the changing environments and differing cultures at each site and be able to incorporate those site-specific changes and ambiguities into the overall project negotiation and implementation plan for the system as a whole, redirecting the project as needed.
* 5. Responsible for developing a formal Request for Proposal (RFP) that fulfills the requirements and incorporates all input from the professional end users throughout YNHHS. Solicit, analyze and award contracts to vendors using RFP process and in conjunction with overall YNHHS procedures and guidelines.
* 6. The Senior Contract Specialist meets with physicians individually or in groups, at all institutions to seek information to include in the formal RFP process, to explain the available savings, or to assist in the organization of a trial of the products under review. This step is needed to gain consensus for physician preference product decisions.
* 7. Senior Contract Specialist facilitates the negotiation process individually with vendors or with a team of representative users to achieve the preferred financial results as well as the desired terms and conditions needed by each institution.
* 8. Maintain comprehensive contract files in the Infor Contract Manager tool in accordance with overall YNHHS procedures.
* 9. Responsible for ongoing management of all contracts assigned in their area of responsibility. Responsible for maintaining System vendor relationships, monitoring contract compliance and responding to service level issues as identified by the entities of YNHHS.
* 10. Facilitates the implementation of new products at each site so as to enable continuity of purchasing ability throughout the YNHHS.
* 11. Act as liaison between the entities and attends institution-specific committees as necessary, encouraging the sharing of information and practices.
* 12. Review, monitor and make comparisons of national, regional and local contracts (Vizient, NPC, etc.) to determine and ensure value to YNHHS and its affiliates. Participate in GPO councils as appropriate to provide member input and/or gain benchmarking information and networking.
* 13. Responsible for supply chain savings targets, standardization initiatives and other YNHHS and hospital business plan initiatives as agreed upon annually in the form of personal goals.
* 14. Follow all Corporate Compliance guidelines and Patient Confidentiality guidelines. Maintains the confidentiality of pricing among vendors and other outside parties.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) required in Finance, Business, Materials Management or related field, or actively pursuing a degree to be completed in a reasonable timeframe.
Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, preferably within Healthcare. Experience collaborating with various levels of personnel to explore alternatives to acquisition of various supplies and service such as Capital and Professional equipment, furnishings, projects, inventory and department supplies. Experience with contract, agreements and negotiating with vendors. RN or Clinical /Technical experience preferred. Experience with Healthcare GPOs is also preferred.
CMRP designation or equivalent & relevant professional certification (Six Sigma, APICS CPIM or CSCP, etc.) preferred
Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation). Ability to work independently. Problem solving skills. Effective time management skills. High