Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
Job Title: HVAC Technician
Summary: EMCOR Facilities Services is seeking an HVAC Technician. In a safe, efficient and professional manner the HVAC Technician will support the Facility Maintenance Manager in the preventative, corrective, and general maintenance of HVAC systems for the Client. The HVAC Technician will be responsible for performing maintenance of HVAC equipment, production chillers and boilers, controls located throughout buildings, and kitchen refrigeration. Performing tests, rounds and analysis of data to assure the proper functioning of equipment. Responsible for performing work according to manufacturing standards and following the change process of qualified core equipment and components.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ability to read and understand system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components such as compressors, motors, pumps, fans, switches, controls, ducts, or pipes
* Starts systems, observes operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as actuators, valves, controls, and pumps to control system operation.
* Opens valves on equipment such as compressors, pumps, and condensers to prepare system for operation and starts equipment and auxiliary machinery.
* Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, and pipes.
* Discuss system malfunctions with users to isolate problems. Installs wiring to connect components to electric power source.
* Lubricates fans, motors, and control units. Replaces defective/worn parts.
* Cuts, threads, gas welds, connects pipe to functional HVAC component systems.
* Performs preventative maintenance tasking on all HVAC equipment.
* Dismantles malfunctioning systems and tests components.
* Attends classes and seminars on air conditioning components and system design to update skills.
* Graduate of a certified technical school; and 10 or more year's related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must possess applicable certifications, licenses and a valid driver's license
* EPA Universal Certification
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.