Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ogden, Utah
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
While serving as a cornerstone amongst the northern Utah communities for the past 60 years, Ogden Regional Medical Center has created a deeply-rooted tradition of excellence and caring. The 240-bed facility provides a full spectrum of top-quality services, including a Level II trauma center, certified stroke center, cancer treatment center, alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center, and much more. Nationally recognized, Ogden Regional's maternity care ranks in the nation's top 5 percent, and its cardiology services include accreditation in echocardiography, atrial fibrillation, chest pain and heart failure.
Ogden Regional is part of HCA's network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and Ogden Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
SURGICAL STERILE PROCESSING TECH NIGHTS 10PM-6:30AM
The Surgical Sterile Processing Tech is responsible for identifying, disassembling, decontaminating, inspecting, assembling and processing all reusable supplies and patient care equipment used in the institution. Responsibilities include:
* Maintaining customer service levels at 90%, maintaining accuracy of instruments and equipment processed at 98% (error free), maintaining accuracy of cart picking at 98%, maintaining negative rate for biological culture results at 99.75%, maintaining a friendly and courteous attitude that reflects the departments Mission and Vision Statement, behavior is dependable and professional at all times.
* Accountable for adhering to ORMC mission, including meeting behavioral expectations (compassion, caring and confidentiality), providing excellence in health care delivery, supporting dignity of all persons (empowerment) and responsible stewardship of resources.
* Receives, identifies and decontaminates more than 500 types of surgical instruments, respiratory therapy equipment, patient care and surgical specialty equipment, carts and other miscellaneous supplies and utensils.
* Responsible for inspecting, assembling, wrapping, terminal (steam or sterrad) sterilizing, storing and redistributing to user department(s).
* Operates all departmental equipment used in the processing system-sonic cleaner and cart washer.
* Responsible for knowledge of sterile technique and universal precautions and the handling and storage of sterile records that monitor the equipment's operation and effectiveness.
* Maintains an adequate level of working supplies by notifying the manager of ordering them from the storeroom in the manager's absence (in emergencies).
* Maintains a neat, clean, safe work environment.
* When assigned, assists with pulling, stocking and distributing supplies/equipment, controlling patient care equipment in the areas assigned - making sure they are available and in working order and picking up for reprocessing.
* Successful completion of a program for operating room or central supply technicians is required within 2 years of hire date.
* Familiarity with and knowledge of medical supplies is highly preferred.