Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Panama City, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
Gulf Coast Medical Center is a 218-BED acute care hospital located in Panama City, FL. Our more than 400-member medical staff and more than 1,000 employees work hard to ensure our patients receive the highest quality of care every day. Their efforts have resulted in national accreditations for: Chest Pain Center, Total Joint Replacement, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Spine, Stroke and Wound Care. The hospital is also an affiliate of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Cancer Care Network.
The radiographer performs technical procedures, applying ionizing radiation for the purpose of detecting pathology. Regulates equipment used to expose the x-ray image as well as process and organize the image in PACS.
ESSENTIAL CORE FUNCTIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential core function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability necessary to perform this job.
* Uses knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and emergency procedures to provide safe and effective patient care.
* Maintains strict infection control techniques at all times.
* Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
* Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
* Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
* Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
* Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
* Other duties as assigned.
* SERVICE: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for reasonable patient/customer expectations.
* QUALITY/ETHICS/INTEGRITY: Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of work.
* RELATIONSHIPS: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members' goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and punctuality requirements.
* ADAPTABILITY: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Associate Degree in Radiology from an accredited institution
* State of Florida Radiographer License required
* CPR at hire required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* 1-3 years' experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand physician's orders
* Knowledge of body substance isolation
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
* Basic computer skills
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.