Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Are you an oncology /hematology external expert who'd be keen to join the pharmaceutical industry in a US Medical Affairs position whereby you could maintain ongoing long-term collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with key thought leaders AND navigate with GSK's Commercial and R&D Development teams? If so, this is the role for you to use your expertise and begin a pharmaceutical career.
GSK’s Research & Development Pipeline in Oncology:
GSK Oncology is committed to the discovery and development of new and potentially life-changing therapies for patients with cancer. Our vision is for people with cancer to not only to live, but to live well, because we are delivering innovative and transformational medicines. GSK’s approach to oncology is focused on innovation in the areas of immuno-oncology, cell therapy, cancer epigenetics, and most recently in genetic medicine, thanks to our recent acquisition of Tesaro, Inc. and a new global alliance with Merck KGaA. (also known as EMD Serono in the U.S.)
The Medical Expert (ME) Oncology/Hematology is a trained disease area expert in oncology, hematology or immunology with strong name recognition and a credible voice of Medical with external customers. The ME will report to the US Therapeutic Area Head, Oncology. The ME Oncology ensures strategic information of the disease flows between markets and Development; and coordinates with the Global Franchise Medical Directors. The incumbent will establish and maintain ongoing long-term collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with key thought leaders and manages International and National Key Opinion Leader activities, including Advisory Boards; aligns with markets and regions to ensure transparency regarding KOL activities. This role partners tightly with Commercial and R&D Development teams and is a core member of the US Oncology team.
• Develops and implements Medical Affairs Plans, including study and publication plans, for key products in the portfolio
• Congress planning
• Ensures linkage between the Development and Commercial teams with respect to the communication strategy, training strategy, development of Medical plans and Advisory Board planning
• Develops and executes study protocols for GSK Sponsored studies, in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders, to produce high quality data to support the goals of the Medical Plan
• Evaluates Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR), participates in Clinical Trials Review Process and is accountable for activities related to approved ISRs
• Authors and assists with scientific publications, including abstracts, posters, manuscripts and whitepapers. Generates medical and scientific information materials
• Plans, develops, and generates content and delivers internal and external scientific and educational programs
• Establishes and maintains ongoing long-term collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with key thought leaders and manages Key Opinion Leader activities, including Advisory Boards; aligns with markets and regions to ensure transparency regarding KOL activities
• Contributes to, reviews and approves medical/scientific communications including marketing materials and participates in Promotional and Scientific Content Approval Processes
• Responds to unsolicited requests for information from healthcare professionals that are received either directly or indirectly through Regional organizations, in accordance with all compliance regulations and policies
• Serves as liaison for Medical and Scientific Affairs activities across BMS Medical and Scientific partners for collaborative projects
• Maintains clinical, scientific and technical expertise in specific therapeutic areas; reviews scientific journals; attend scientific and key technical meetings; participate in internal training programs.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals
CORE COMPETENCE PROFILE
• Minimum of 10+ year of mix of development/clinical (includes non-industry) and medical experience, but with an emphasis on Global or Market Based Medical Affairs experience
• Clinical or Academic Experience (Patient Facing) is desirable
• Advanced Leadership skills/experience managing people and portfolio
• Understanding of Research and Drug Development and the ability to communicate the data in an impactful way
• Medical Strategy Experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.