Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Full-Time hours through Labor Day
Under supervision, work as a team in the day to day landscaping, gardening and maintenance activities for the Santa Cruz Seaside Company's grounds and related properties.
JOB TASKS (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Perform the landscaping and gardening for the company's grounds.
- Prepare soil for planting and plants, fertilizes, trims and prunes shrubs, trees, lawns and flowers.
- Clear weeds and brush: dig trenches, mow, rake and edge lawns.
- Install, make repairs and perform preventative maintenance on sprinklers, irrigation and water systems using various
type materials, sprinkler heads and time clocks.
- Perform skilled work in the planting, cultivation and care of trees (up to 65 feet tall using a Manlift), shrubs and other
- Maintain accurate time and work records as required.
- Read and interpret written reports and directions.
- Institute improved work procedures and maintain safe working conditions.
- Operate a trash compactor, forklift, chain saw, chipper shredder and man lift safely.
- Assist other members of the maintenance department as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the cultivation and care of shrubs, trees, lawns and other plants commonly found in a park setting.
- Knowledge of a large variety of vegetation ; their characteristics and properties including interior plants.
- Knowledge of setting up, monitoring and repairing of timed irrigation systems.
- Knowledge of the proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of basic operations, tools and terms used in the grounds maintenance trades.
- Knowledge of plant and lawn care.
- Knowledge of the proper use and care of power and hand tools used in maintenance and landscaping activities.
- Knowledge of appropriate pesticide use and safety practices.
- Knowledge of safe work procedures.
- Ability to identify maintenance and safety problems and arrange for a solution.
- Ability to perform a variety of skilled and semiskilled tasks in the maintenance, landscaping of park facilities and equipment.
- Ability to work at heights up to 65 feet with a chain saw and other gardener tools.
- Ability to operate a trash compactor, forklift, chain saw, chipper shredder and man lift safely.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Ability to document work completed in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.