Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Montpelier, Vermont
At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage, retail energy sales, and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
THE ROLE: PLANT MANAGER
Responsible for managing the overall operation and maintenance of the power plant ensuring safe and efficient operations of the facilities. Manage all aspects of the business including managing employees, budgets and regulatory compliance. Coordinate with internal commercial group for power sales and fuel purchases.
Ryegate VT / Asset Optimization
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Develop strategy, objectives and budgets to position the plant for success as an individual business unit contributor.
* Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease outage times and streamline work processes to optimize operating profits.
* Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees.
* Formulate business plans to include annual operating and long-term strategies, plans and budgets
* Provide close coordination with Corporate Office commercial group to facilitate efficient scheduling of the plants output and acquiring fuel
* Work with local fuel buyers and fuel vendors to insure a reliable and cost effective fuel supply for the facility.
* Establish effective performance standards to measure key objectives (safety, environmental, forced outages, availability, heat rate, O&M and capital budgets).
* Coordinate with the Corporate Office communications group to support public relations in the local community and interface with local government officials.
* Comply with all safety and environmental regulations and ENGIE policies and procedures
* Carries out other duties as assigned
* Ability to relocate to assigned plant based
* Ability to work irregular hours, weekends and be on all call status
* Travel to other facilities, corporate, and affiliated business units
* Work safe every day and hold other accountable for their own safety.
* Establish and uphold a work environment dedicated to integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence,
* Empower and engage ENGIE employees at all levels of the organization
* Relentless drive for continuous improvements in safety, production, compliance, maintenance, housekeeping, employee development
* Strong leadership/management/communication skills
* Strong organization/prioritizing skills
* Ability to make significant independent judgment
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Must have a valid drivers license
* Capable of frequently standing, walking, sitting, climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks), kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling, lifting (min 50lbs) talking and hearing.
* Capable of performing repetitive motions as required
* Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals.
* Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to half and full face respirators, fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses etc.
* Ability to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test (if applicable)
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Could involve some lifting.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field preferred
* A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in an industrial field including supervising of technical, operating or maintenance personnel
* Familiar with industrial concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Familiar with personal computers and their use for planning, budgeting, inventory control and database handling.
* Knowledge of the commercial aspects of a business including familiarity with financial reports and budgeting
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.