Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Patient Services Manager, and in cooperation with members of the patient care team, achieves desired outcomes in the following areas: customer service, Striving for Excellence, communications, medical records management, management of encounter forms, management of Lynx documentation, all data collection on census and acuity, coordination of the unit environment and team alignment. Specific competencies relate to each of these outcomes. The Information Associate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, be able to respond to unpredictable, changing situations with sound judgment and posses excellent customer service skills. The Information Associate integrates these competencies into his/her work to ensure that the patient care team works for the good of the patient and family. He/she also accepts the fact that tasks may be added or deleted to this role based on the needs of the patients we serve.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great \\"First Impression\\" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
Adheres to the \\"I Am YNHH\\" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
* 1. Screens and refers incoming phone calls and directs patients and families to ensure that accurate and timely department communication is facilitated and that the Department is represented in a positive manner.
* 1.1. Provides all support and clerical assistance to patients, families, staff (both departmental and hospital), and community contacts with the greatest consideration and highest regard for customer satisfaction as observed by supervisor.
* 1.2. Answers the telephone and screens calls within five (5) rings in a courteous manner, identifying self and department at all times, transfers calls to appropriate staff and/or takes accurate messages as observed by the supervisor.
* 1.3. Assists caller or visitor in any way possible, routing to appropriate personnel as observed by the supervisor.
* 1.4. Arranges for coverage for office telephones whenever not at the desk as observed by the supervisor (breaks/lunch).
* 1.5. Communicates all staff reports and phone messages to staff with 100% accuracy.
* 1.6. Communicates with hospital departments, any request and information.
* 1.7. Develops, sends and receives faxed material within established guidelines as observed by staff and supervisor.
* 1.8. Processes and maintains information from external resources, i.e., transfer agreements, phone directories, etc. as requested and observed by supervisor.
* 1.9. Customer service responsibilities:
1. Priority focus on communication with patient and families;
2. Provides comfort items (i.e., ice, drinks) to families;
3. Priority focus on communication with consulting services, PMD's, SW, clinical labs, pharmacy, etc.
* 2. Develops and performs a variety of duties in support of staff and enhances the efficient functioning of the department.
* 2.1. Maintains the department's statistic including updates, reports, communications, census to staff and management team as observed by the supervisor.
* 2.2. The Information Associate is responsible for assembling and breaking down all medical records.
* 2.3. Daily filing of all records in alphabetical order in preparation for billers and coders.
* 2.4. Coordination of supply encounter forms (and alphabetizing) for data prep.
* 2.5. Coordination of all internal transports.
* 2.6. Coordination of all discharge planning (i.e. arranging for AMR transport to another facility).
* 2.7. Computer and moderate keyboarding skills required (ability to manage SCM, BMD, MD consult lists, Microsoft Excel, SDK Epic):
Managing Clinical Encounters in Lynx:
1.Navigating the clinical log.
2.Filtering and printing the clinical log.
3.Tracking patients in the department.
4.Discharging patients out of Sunrise Clinical Manager and Lynx.
5.Printing additional documentation as requested by MDs, RNs, etc.
6.Generating a triage/JCAHO log.
7.Weekly census and acuity reports to PSM.
Managing Lynx Documentation:
1.Monitoring the medical record for completeness.
2.Monitoring and maintain the JCAHO log.
3.Re-printing of all clinical documents from lynx as requested by MD, RN, etc.
4.Reviewing all documentation for completeness.
5.Scan all documents.
6.Reconcile any missing documentation.
Faxing from EMAP:
1.Learn nine step faxing process from EMAP.
2.Creating PDF files to set up faxing of documents from.
3.Daily faxing of all patients- records to the PMD community providers.
4.Manages all requests, communications with community providers regarding information.
* 3. As required by supervisor, performs related duties within the department.
* 3.1. Shares responsibility for inventory of all office supplies and forms to ensure efficient utilization of department resources and staff time as observed by the supervisor.
* 3.2. Communicates with the Document Center in ensuring the necessary production, distribution and availability of forms and documents for staff.
* 3.3. Meets all typing assignments deadlines in a complete, neat and accurate manner with no more than three (3) errors per page as observed by the supervisor.
* 3.4. Develops and maintains systems for filing journals, resource materials, magazines, postings, and general information for easy access as observed by the supervisor.
* 3.5. As assigned, provides staff assistance to various department committees.
* 3.6. Performs additional responsibilities as required and observed by the supervisor.
* 3.7. Manage all incoming calls.
* 3.8. Responsible for all pages in and out of the department.
* 3.9. Responsible for trauma activations, lifestar notifications.
* 3.10. Responsible for coordinating the pick up and delivery of lab samples.
* 3.11. Manage all outgoing calls for the medical staff-i.e. calling PMDs, consulting services, etc.
* 3.12. Managing all inventories and ordering of all PED documents paper goods, and all other office supplies.
* 3.13. Responsible for the over seeing the admission process (communicates with admitting office, floors and OSA to identify an open bed for our admissions).
* 4. Demonstrates commitment to personal career growth and competency to facilitate personal growth and job satisfaction as observed by the supervisor.
* 4.1. Assists in the cross-training of new employees on the functions of the support staff as observed by the supervisor.
* 4.2. Responsibility of coordinating all of the IA schedules.
Graduation from high school, including or supplemented by secretarial coursework, or equivalent training and experience.
Two (2) to three (3) years administrative clerical experience preferably in a patient care environment. Prior computer usage strongly preferred.
Excellent communications, interpersonal, coordinative, and organizational skills. Ability to read computer screens, forms, and other documents and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to write clearly and legibly. Ability to make simple mathematical computations. Moderate keyboarding skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment. Ability to respond to unpredictable, changing situations and