Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Prepare, analyze, and negotiate vendor contracts, and follow through to execution and retention, with a focus on standard agreements. Assist Business and Technical Owners from all functional areas in the selection of vendors and documentation of vendor obligations consistent with business requirements. Work within the framework of purchasing, contracting and legal strategies, law, administrative regulations and company policies and procedures. Guide and assist internal customers through the entire decision making process and contracting experience. Maintains thorough knowledge of contract(s), modifies and negotiates amendments and educates all parties on contract terms and deliverables.
* Accept assignments for Contract Requests from Business Owners and evaluate to determine applicable Business Owner requirements.
* Prepare, draft and negotiate standard contracts, agreements and/or amendments, including information technology licensing agreements. Design, develop, and draft agreement structures and participate in meetings to finalize terms.
* Coordinate the contracting process on given contracts, including negotiation, close-out actions, billing issues/disputes and issue resolution. Ensure commercial optimization of contracts through appropriate mechanisms.
* Provide resources and direction to business areas related to contractual matters and contract interpretation in a consistent, precise, and timely manner.
* Identify business risks and develop strategies for avoidance and mitigation. Identify and coordinate the identification of legal issues related to contracts.
* Author correspondence associated with contract administration, including amendments, transmittal letters, and problem reporting and resolution
* Comply with corporate policies and procedures, and analyze and comply with regulatory guidelines.
* Develop new procedures, training and education, initiatives, specifications and recommendations for contracts and/or process changes, as appropriate.
* Assist in the competitive bidding process, determine vendor viability and manage vendor relationships in the contracting process utilizing the Contract Management System.
* Work with stakeholders to ensure that contract language is up to date and represents BCBSNC compliance, legal and business needs.
* Track and report on contract status and negotiated savings.
* Bachelor s degree and 2 years contract negotiation and/or purchasing experience
* Without degree, 4 years of experience as stated above.
* Familiarity with intellectual property concepts
* Familiarity with information technology licensing agreements
* General knowledge of BCBSNC policies, procedures and operations helpful
* Strong negotiation or consultative skills.
* Ability to collaborate, research and develop creative solutions to contractual issues
* Commitment to excellent customer service
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to interpret and present quantitative data
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in teams and independently
* Strong organizational skills with proven ability to manage work in a timely manner
* Excellent PC skills i.e. MS Word, Excel, , Workshare, Contract Management System
* Paralegal certification preferred.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in its health programs and activities.