Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Durham, North Carolina
The Group Consultant is responsible for overall corporate success with assigned federal agencies in North Carolina. The Group Consultant will manage the North Carolinas federal agencies by developing, implementing, and managing strategies to develop an open door alliance for the purpose of gaining access into agencies for acquisition and retention of new and existing federal contracts, which positively impacts net enrollment growth and the corporate financial outcomes.
The critical success factors of this position includes maintaining a positive, professional and influential relationship with Congressional Representatives, Health Benefits Officers, NARFE Officers, BCBS Association, other Blue Plans, members, prospects and various internal personnel.
This role will require around 75% travel, including overnight stays.
* Develop and maintain strategic relationships needed to promote, acquire and retain membership with federal employees to achieve target membership by product and financial outcomes.
* Analyze agency statistical data to determine success of members current benefit approach. Perform territory and competitive analysis in North Carolina to provide management with a comprehensive weekly report and for the development of the business plan and budget.
* Plan and conduct agency visits with federal agency management to build awareness, interest and preference for our product offering to meet goals and objectives.
* Conduct agency presentations to strengthen BCBSNC s position in the marketplace and to further differentiate FEP from the competition. The customer base includes high profile federal personnel such as judges and members of congress.
* Oversee the resolution of claims and enrollment issues that have been escalated to a management level and handle sensitive issues originating from the executive, legislative and judicial branches of the federal government.
* Develop and write quarterly newsletters for Health Benefit Officers.
* Exhibit best practices at National BCBS Association meetings to share with other Blue Plans business successes achieved at the local level that impact the retention and acquisition of federal contracts in North Carolina.
* An undergraduate degree in Marketing or Public Relations
* 5 years of sales / retention experience in the healthcare/ insurance industry.
* If no degree, 7 years of sales / retention experience in the healthcare/insurance industry.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver s license
* Must have or be able to obtain, within the first 60 days of employment, a North Carolina Life and Health, and Medicare Supplement Insurance license.
* A history of successful strategic client relationship management.
* Prior experience working with external and internal resources.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Ability to provide effective issue resolution skills in a fast paced marketing environment
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
* Analytical skills
* Industry knowledge
* Negotiation skills
* Computer skills (Microsoft Office and internet savvy)
* Customer focus
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* Ability to understand and meet customer expectations
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in its health programs and activities.