Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: parsippany, New Jersey
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 is seeking a Planner/GIS Specialist for its Parsippany, NJ location. The successful candidate will collaborate with multi-disciplined professionals to create plans and design solutions related to complete streets, transit access, greenways, streetscapes, and community place-making for municipalities, regional organizations, and state agencies throughout the northeast. Fast-paced, team environment within the NJ Planning & Landscape Architecture group.
* Participate in developing bicycle & pedestrian master plans, transportation studies, greenway plans, community outreach activities, and concept designs.
* Collaborate across in-house disciplines.
* Contribute to development of plans, technical reports, and graphic presentations.
* Lead fieldwork, public meetings, research, mapping, and data collection.
* Bachelors Degree in planning, engineering, environmental, urban design, landscape architecture or related field required. Graduate degree desirable.
* Interest in multimodal transportation, Complete Streets, transit-friendly, and greenway planning.
* One to two years of experience with a public agency or consultant firm.
* Excellent organizational, computer, graphic, and communications skills.
* Second language skills desirable.
* Expertise with ArcGIS, Auto CAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other graphic software
* Interest in pursuing AICP and NJ Professional Planner license, or LEED credentials desirable
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.