Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Requisition Id 1144
Works with limited supervision to provide technical support for assembly, testing, installation, maintenance and trouble-shooting of SNS technical systems. Supports SNS staff in programs to improve technical components and systems, and participates in the assembly, operation and troubleshooting of such components and systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with technical staff in a team oriented environment.
- Participates in testing, assembly, maintenance and trouble-shooting of technical hardware and systems.
- Provides technical input and supports the development of trouble-shooting and maintenance procedures for components and technical systems.
- Provides technical input for system and component design, particularly with respect to assembly and maintainability.
- Performs modifications and equipment upgrade tasks on specialized components and systems.
- Maintains strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of positive values and ethics.
- Ensures and monitors compliance with environmental, safety, health, and quality program requirements including the Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS), identifying ES&H and QA issues and communicating these to Group and Division management, ES&H and QA contacts, and subcontractor contacts as appropriate.
- Must have attained journeyman craft level either through completing a recognized apprenticeship program or by obtaining an associates degree or equivalent in mechanical technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years relevant experience in a mechanical field.
- Working knowledge of engineering drawings.
- Capable of working with scientists, engineers, and technicians from verbal and/or written instructions.
- Must have basic math skills and basic computer skills such as sending and receiving email, researching information in support of assigned tasks and entering data and notes related to equipment.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Proven record of commitment to safe work practices.
- Understands and has experience in lock-out/tag-out and all applicable safety procedures.
- This position requires proficiency in performing multi-craft tasks.
- Must be willing to work overtime/call-ins in support of SNS Operations.
- Must be able to qualify/certify to be a mobile equipment operator and radiation worker II.
- Work will involve various physical requirements and certain working conditions and as such a post offer, pre-hire physical will be required.
- Five years of experience in assembly, installation, and operations of technical systems supporting a research environment.
- Direct experience working on technical systems such as vacuum, magnets, water and compressed gas. Experience working as a member of an operating and maintenance team.
About Neutron Sciences Directorate: The Neutron Sciences Directorate (NScD) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) operates the High Flux Isotope Reactor (HFIR), the United States' highest flux reactor based neutron source, and the Spallation Neutron Source (SNS), the world's most intense pulsed accelerator based neutron source. Together these facilities operate 30 instruments for neutron scattering research, each year carrying out in excess of 1,000 experiments in the physical, chemical, materials, biological and medical sciences. HFIR also provides unique facilities for isotope production and neutron irradiation. To learn more about Neutron Sciences at ORNL go to: http://neutrons.ornl.gov.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.