Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Requisition Id 1218
The Facilities Management Division of the Facilities & Operations (F&O) Directorate seeks a Complex Facility Manager (CFM) for campus support. The Campus Support CFM manages all the excess and leased facilities in the assigned Complex and is also responsible for several core services for the entire campus. These include, but are not limited to, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability program management, demolition and disposition planning and oversight, and small project implementation. Supported by a core team, the CFM is responsible and accountable for ensuring that the assigned facilities are safe and compliant, and the needs of the tenants/service requestors are addressed. The CFM provides leadership and vision in developing the facility and programmatic strategies, and communicates them to customers, management, team leaders, and support staff.
- Establishes and supports a business climate and culture that focus on safety, compliance and customer support.
- Works closely with the research and support organizations' representatives, including the other CFMs and F&O staff, to develop customer relationships and align operations and priorities to the research missions and strategic plan
- Leads the core team in ensuring clear communication, provides oversight to work planning, and assures customer satisfaction
- Provides clear vision, prioritization, accountability, and development opportunities to staff, and creates a culture as outlined in the Safe Conduct of Research Principles
- Plans for both near- and long-term needs, anticipates and forecasts costs, and manages established budgets while incorporating safety, reliability, sustainability and efficiency into operations
- Authorizes and implements Facility Use Agreements, and manages work activities compliant to the agreements and the Standards-Based Management System (SBMS)
- Acts as the Excess Facilities Subject Matter Expert, including development and implementation of demolition contracts.
- Acts as the Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Program Manager, responsible for developing and applying strategies for improving energy efficiency and lowering costs at ORNL while meeting all codes, standards, and DOE orders associated with energy efficiency and sustainability
- Coordinates and prioritizes resources with peer CFMs
- A Bachelor s degree in engineering
- A minimum of eight years facility management experience with at least three years of lead experience is required. A combination of education and progressive relevant experience will be considered.
- A demonstrated history of sound engineering and technical judgement in areas of mechanical, electrical, and structural is highly desirable.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. As such, this position is a Workplace Substance Abuse Program (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require passing a pre-placement drug test and participation in an on-going random drug testing program.
- A Master s degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, business management skills, and excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and communications skills.
- A technical background consistent with operations in Facilities Management and substantial knowledge of technical issues, research activities, and the impact of facility changes on tenant activities.
- Familiarity with labor relations principles and working within a collective bargaining union contract environment is also highly desirable
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.