Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wichita, Kansas
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a WORLD'S MOST ADMIRED COMPANY in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by FORTUNE MAGAZINE. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO NIGHTS, NO WEEKENDS, OR ON-CALL will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company's mission, vision, and values by scheduling patient surgical procedures and maintaining the surgery schedule.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Obtains CPT and ICD-9 diagnosis codes and other clinical information as required for treatment of the patient from the physician's office; seeks assistance from Facility Coder as determined through facility processes.
* Prepares documentation for Notification of Non-covered Medicare Services or Advance Beneficiary notices to patients and notifies physician's offices about these procedures.
* Determines if patient has been previously treated at the center. If so, completes chart request from Medical Records and notifies Materials Manager /Nurse Manager of any physician special equipment/requests.
* Determines O.R. time needed for the procedure and works with O.R. nurse to ensure daily schedule is streamlined.
* Maintains Center Block Schedule List. Arranges necessary anesthesia coverage, as determined through facility processes.
* Calls and/or faxes physician's offices to notify them of any open schedule times that may allow for additional cases to be taken for the Center.
* Promptly forwards patient face sheets to Insurance Verification to obtain necessary authorizations based on insurance types.
* Verifies/confirms physician is credentialed at the Center before scheduling the patient.
* Posts/faxes schedule within twenty four (24) hours of receipt.
· Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
· BLS may be required as per facility standard.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.