Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wichita, Kansas
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
WESLEY MEDICAL CENTER - WICHITA, KANSAS
COORDINATOR OF RISK MANAGEMENT
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services Wesley Offers. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and Wesley Woodlawn ER.
Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and operates Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and Wesley Children's Hospital.
We are proud to have earned an \\"A\\" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score report!
To learn more about the Culture at Wesley, click HERE!
* Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all .
* Coordinates the medical staff peer review process and ensures compliance with relevant bylaws, statutes, regulations, and reporting requirements.
* Serves as the hospital representative during legal proceedings as delegated, and provides documents, attends interviews, depositions and court appearances.
* Participates in loss prevention as related to the hospital Risk Management Plan.
* Continually strives to improve processes and services.
PREFERRED REGISTRATION, LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
* Registered Nurse or other healthcare related credential
* Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM)
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in Healthcare related field
PREFERRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
Master degree in Business, Healthcare, or Public Health
Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Basic knowledge of the legal system and current risk management practices
Demonstrated ability for good written and oral communication skills
Demonstrated knowledge of statistical methods and educational theory
Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the organization
Demonstrated knowledge of basic research design, data analysis, data aggregation and display
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.