General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend work on the established schedule without excessive absenteeism.
- Follow all safe work practices.
- Maintain professional attitude.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors, management, visitors and temporary employees
- Assist with training and development of all work associates.
- Support flexibility in work processes, procedures, and schedules.
- Actively participate in the team environment.
- Promote continuous improvement and associate engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs welding work and activities required for the production of Apex products.
- Weld components in vertical positions.
- Weld components at a fast pace and in a downward motion.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt components to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Select and install troches, torch tips and filler rods according to chart specifications or types and thicknesses.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that the desired flames are obtained.
- Recognize, set up and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Inspects initial product and makes adjustments necessary to produce the quality product.
- Maintain equipment in good working condition and report all safety/maintenance concerns.
- Moves materials within the work area.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures to produce a quality product/service.
- Reports unusual conditions or questionable items to supervisor.
- Obeys all safety rules and regulations.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Maintains records as required.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.