Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Hope House provides short-term residential accommodations and continuous supervision for individuals in psychiatric crisis. Licensed by the commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, the program provides mental health and stabilization services as a voluntary alternative to hospitalization.
This position is located in the Lehigh Valley area, approximately 60 miles north of Philadelphia, PA
Competitive rate of pay provided.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is an essential member of the Hope House treatment team who oversees all medical aspects of the program. He or she acts as the primary medical resource for staff and clients and as the liaison with the program psychiatrist and outside medical providers. This is a highly autonomous position requiring a significant degree of self-direction, critical thinking and a professional demeanor. This is a cooperative position with non-nursing aspects supervised by the program director.
The RN assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care of clients throughout their treatment at Hope House in accordance with the Pennsylvania Nurse Practice Act (P.L.317, No.69).
* The initial nursing assessment of new clients and the monitoring of their medical and mental health status for the duration of their admission.
* Consultation with the program psychiatrist or outside medical practitioners on as needed basis.
* Meeting jointly with clients and the psychiatrist
* Documenting pertinent information from joint sessions with the psychiatrist.
* After hours consultation, via phone, in regard to medical issues.
* The processing of physicians orders.
* The monitoring of client medication logs for accuracy.
* The administration of non-routine injectable medications (i.e. depot neuroleptics).
* The administration of hepatitis b vaccinations to new staff.
* Participation in the client discharge planning process.
* The presentation of training to staff on various medical topics.
* Providing medication and wellness education for clients.
* The training of all new staff for medication observation.
* Control the supply and dispersal of sample medications.
* Reviewing any medication errors
* Engaging in medication error problem solving on an individual or group basis.
* Represent Hope House during inter-facility meetings.
* Participation in on-going planning and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI).
* Attendance at supervisory meetings.
* Attendance at monthly staff meetings.
* Must have a current license to practice Registered Nursing in Pennsylvania
* Associate's degree accepted, Bachelor's of Science in Nursing preferred
* Certification as a psychiatric mental health nurse preferred
* Must have at least 1 year post-educational experience working with persons with mental illness.
* Driver's license required
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran, or disability status.