Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Newington, Connecticut
The Production Leadperson provides lead support and is
responsible for employee safety and productivity for
production employees on designated shift. Additionally,
this position is accountable for ensuring production
volume is executed in a timely manner and meets/exceeds
* Coordinate with supervisory team to assign, lead,
review and monitor work to maximize productivity and
prevent downtime on an assigned shift.
* Ensures team members are following standard
operating procedures to ensure consistency,
efficiency, product quality, employee safety, as
well as compliance with state and federal
* Inspects products to verify conformance to
specifications and direct equipment setup and
adjustments in accordance with specifications.
* Coordinate production run schedules to ensure
customer order volumes are fulfilled with minimal
* Complete all assigned paperwork, including but not
limited to, production/packaging records, Master
Cleaning Sanitation schedules, root cause analysis,
and any other documents.
* Enter production data and results in ERP (SAP).
* Support Continuous Improvement (MOS) activities.
* Support employee training (i.e. new hire, transfers,
job, safety, etc.), complete training documents and
monitor/report training progression.
* Recommend improvements to production methods,
equipment performance and quality of product.
* Provide change-over, CIP/SIP support.
* Support internal/external audit activities.
* Provide employee scheduling support, backfill
vacancies as appropriate, follow established
employee scheduling guidelines. Provide team member
meal/rest breaks when necessary.
* Collaborates with team to coordinate activities
Ensure consistent application of company policies
Promote safety programs and policies to ensure
employee health and safety, reduce the number of
safety incidents and near-misses.
* Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively
apply the Saputo values.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or General Education Degree
One to three years of equipment operator experience,
preferably in dairy/food manufacturing.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ERP and
computer-based applications, SAP Preferred.
* Strong technical skills, ability to operate and
understand equipment controls, touch panels and
Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Skill in organization and prioritization, and
attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to
work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate,
develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish
facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends in
support of plant operations.