Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
Trade & Capital Markets (TCM) compliments the efforts of Cargill commodity business units by providing financial solutions to Cargill’s business partners (suppliers and buyers). TCM’s experience and expertise in global financial markets aid in mitigating documentary, cross-border and credit risks associated with structured trade finance. TCM plays a key role in funding the global operations of Cargill through cross-border funding structures and management of transferability and convertibility risks. In additional to structured trade finance and internal funding, TCM also leverages Cargill’s international trade flows to create trade structures that provide funding to emerging market-based financial institutions and corporations.
The candidate will be responsible for administration of all aspects of the Trade & Structured Finance activities in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure compliance to the TCM guidelines and procedures. Responsibilities also include developing thorough knowledge of transaction structures and related documentation, legal and tax implications, settlements, funding, delivery of assets, and working with other local and regional offices to ensure that appropriate Cargill controls are included in settlement process.
50% Hedging activities
- Support global TCM hedging activities in compliance with the TCM Standard Operating Procedures/Guidelines and Cargill policies
- Liaise with global traders, transaction teams and accounting to resolve issues and provide assistance where necessary
- Input/process and second review/verify trades (system input, documentation, approvals) & cash payments (amounts, value dates, bank details)
- Produce ad hoc analyses and advance special projects as assigned
20% Trades settlement
- Execute all TCM trades in adherence to the TCM Standard Operating Procedures/Guidelines. Ensure work processes and procedures are in compliance with Cargill and TCM policies.
- Manage all aspects of trade settlement. Prepare and execute all documents arising from TCM activity based on approved templates (trade confirmations, financing agreements, LC formats, etc.); Coordinate with counter-parties and internally on issuance of instruments (letters of credit, stand-by LC, guarantees) and on timing of funding;
- Input/process of deals in the trade capture system;
- Second review and verify trades (system input, documentation, approvals) & cash payments (amounts, value dates, bank details)
- Liaise with other functional groups including traders, trade execution teams, accounting and treasury to resolve execution issues and provide assistance where necessary.
- Assist in transaction file reviews within defined timelines.
20% Develop a thorough understanding of relevant TCM structures through PAF reviews including the key risks and controls associated with each structure, and relevant tax & legal implications. Ensure complete understanding of transaction specifics, including data integrity, documentation, and settlement processes as well as the attributes of the relevant market and geography. Assist other team members in obtaining a deeper understanding of structures and processes through informal, on-the-job training opportunities.
10% Facilitate innovation and work process improvements through idea generation and applying of business knowledge. Champion and/or participate in global projects where appropriate.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant equivalent MOCC (Massive On-line Courses Certification)
• Plus –2+ years of relevant business experience
• Experience with the Financial Markets Industry particularly fixed income and OTC derivatives
• Able and willing to work flexible hours to support global operations
• Working experience with Microsoft office applications
Abilities / Success Factors
• Strong people/teamwork/leadership skills
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision, strong self-initiative, ability to work in ambiguity
• Proven ability to take initiative to independently analyze and solve complex problems
• Demonstrated knowledge of internal control structure & compliance
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Integrity, strong attention to detail, and thoroughness and accuracy in work
• Good organizational skills with ability to perform well under pressure and manage multiple priorities
• Ability to adapt positively to an ever-changing environment
• Understanding of trade finance business
• Exposure to forwarding operations of Commodity Trading company
• Exposure to commodity finance and documentations
• Familiar with ICC publications and use of various types of instruments including LCs, Bills of Exchange, SBLCs, Bank Guarantees, etc.
in loan administration in a financial institution