Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
Join the Sears Home Services team as an HVAC Technician!
No On-Call Work! No Sundays! Join Us Today!
At Sears, we provide our HVAC Techs competitive pay and ongoing training in a collaborative, supportive, and team-oriented setting. In the repair technician role, you will enjoy working independently as a representative of a leading retailer and in-home service provider.
For the HVAC Service Technician, we provide the following:
* Service van
* Laptop computer
* Industry training
* Career opportunities
The HVAC Technician is responsible for providing timely and quality repairs of customers' products (Heat Pumps, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Gas and Oil Furnaces & Boilers) while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Additionally, this position promotes and sells additional products and services that directly impact the profitability of the Company.
* Performs timely and quality repairs in resolving customer complaints
* Diagnoses and repairs HVAC equipment in the customer's home and gives the customer an accurate estimate of the cost of repair if applicable
* Uses basic tools or instruments to assemble, adjust, calibrate, repair or test various products regarding HVAC
* Works as a dedicated team member to ensure fast, flexible and expert service to every customer
* Maintains high level of customer satisfaction through efficient and timely customer resolution
* Follows the Value Added Services Process (i.e., selling extended warranties, water filters, generating customer interest in new Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems as appropriate) by effectively communicating the benefits to the customer
* Maintains the highest level of service standards and communicates openly with District Production Manager to assist as needed with resolving customer HVAC issues
* Maintains truck stock inventory and ensures maintenance schedules are within the Company guidelines (i.e., wash truck weekly, oil changes), and ensures tools and equipment are in safe operating condition
* Completes all Break/Fix Technician training elements within required timeframes
* Installs new HVAC systems and related accessories according to safety and manufacturer's specifications
* Ensures complete protection of customer's property by installed and servicing Heating Ventilation and Air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and material in a safe, professional and expeditious manner
* Removes any equipment necessary for the installation of new HVAC product and material according to manufacturer's specifications
* Cleans up work areas, including any areas that were utilized for the installation process
* Performs other duties as assigned
* EPA Certification required
* Valid Driver's License Required
* Age Requirement: 18+
* Years of Related Experience: 1-2 Years
* Ability to communicate, read, understand and apply written text of a technical nature in order to answer questions, solve problems or complete job tasks
* Complete knowledge of all tools, equipment and materials used to perform services on Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) units
* Ability to receive truck stock at home if a Company vehicle is retained at the Break Fix Technician's residence or other location
* Ability to work variable and flexible hours, including significant overtime as needed
* Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
* Ability to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, twist, reach and climb
* Ability to drive and travel long distances of over 5 hours
* Ability to access interior and exterior landscapes
* Ability to access different levels of terrain while performing duties
* High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
EEO/EOE/Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
Job Function: Repair/Installation
Payroll Location: 24801: SHP HVAC Washington, DC Exter
Sears Req Type: Hourly
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.