Posted in Software 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
Assist in the transfer of experience with the current machines into the design and execution of machines for new plants, in a supervisory role with the vendors of the new machines. Assist in coordinating controls handshaking and data collection for new manufacturing plants. Support the Plant Engineering group in the maintenance, repair and calibration of electronic instrumentation systems for manufacturing processes, providing the technical support in electronic equipment function for day-to-day manufacturing issues, and ensuring that all electronic controls issues are resolved timely and accurately to ensure a continuous flow of production and striving for continuous improvement of processes.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• 6 to 10 years of manufacturing controls engineering experience.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited program
• Refer to “Manager/Professional” Competencies.
• Proven knowledge of machine control, networking and PLC’s including SLC500, Control Logix Platform, Micrologix, Siemens S7, and Omron CS1 Series.
• Proven knowledge of servo motors, robotics, motion control and HMI troubleshooting.
• Proven knowledge of the following programming languages: PC control, Ladder, Function Block, SQL, VB6, PanelBuilder 32, RSView32, Java scripting and/or real time operating systems.
• Proven knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Proven knowledge of Controls Engineering techniques and practices.
• Excellent understanding of Electrical/Electronic systems.
• Excellent understanding of Computer Applications and the Microsoft Office family.
• Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
• Proven problem solving skills.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Responsible for coordination of new equipment installation and implementation.
• Responsible for communication between plant equipment and SQL database.
• Responsible for writing and maintaining programs that use the plant equipment data within the SQL database.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving equipment controls.
• Assures that abnormalities are acted upon to resolve root causes.
• Evaluates new proposed controls equipment according to standards.
• Interface with the Manufacturing Controls Engineering function.
• Maintains effective communications levels and fosters team building.
• Ensures adherence to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards.
• Interfaces with other Departments and Supplier Representatives.
• Will sit and stand periodically during the day.
• Will walk and climb stairs and on equipment.
• May reach over shoulder heights.
• May lift up to 50 lbs.
• Required to use hands to finger, handle, lift, carry or feel objects.
• May stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities are required.