Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Get to Know San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter Hotel
People come to San Diego for all sorts of reasons, but while they're here, it's our job to make them love every minute of their stay. The Gaslamp Quarter offers plenty to see and do, from quirky shops and eateries to exciting nightlife. You need not venture far to see the best — in fact, at our popular Level 9 Rooftop Bar, people enjoy cocktails and conversation while overlooking the San Diego skyline.
The Pet Friendliest Accommodations in San Diego
Whether your companion is a pampered pooch or a stick-fetching sidekick, we are ready to welcome you both to the Gaslamp Quarter! Our town is renown for it's pet-friendly atmosphere ever since the early beginnings with adored town mascot, Bum the Dog.
Opened July 13, 2009, Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp showcases many of the historic stories behind our neighborhood. From pet-friendly hospitality inspired by Bum the Dog, to our contemporary refreshed style to reflect New Town architecture and vibes. Each of the 210 rooms reflect our neighborhood story.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
• Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
• Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
• Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
Your day to day
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Balance and audit for accuracy room revenue, food and beverage revenue and telephone revenue; assist in the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues.
• Balance and audit for accuracy all room and tax charges, cashier’s reports, and guest and house accounts.
• Communicate with other hotel departments as necessary to resolve accounting discrepancies and to request or provide information.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
• Perform all Guest Service Representative functions as required; may assist in booking room reservations; may assist in answering hotel phone calls and notifying guests of messages.
• Act as hotel system liaison during night hours. Call in and open tickets with Opera, Protobase, or System Support during the overnight hours if a system fails or issues occur.
• Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents; prepare customer tracking report, market segmentation report, food and beverage revenue report, and other auditing report necessary to ensure the accurate accounting of hotel revenues and expenses.
• Transmit credit card batches.
• May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High School diploma or equivalent plus some customer service experience. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Moving about the public areas
• Communicating with other people
• Handling objects, products and computer equipment
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling departmental records, or guest registration and reservation information.
• Basic mathematical skills are used frequently.
• Basic computer skills are used to enter and collect data, and to report systems problems or issues with financial systems in the hotel.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
At Hotel Indigo, we live, work and play in the local neighborhoods that we call home. We combine stylish, vibrant & modern design of a boutique hotel with personal, unique & attentive service. We want you to bring your unique self to the workplace as we deliver a refreshingly local service to our guests.
We have a diverse workforce, celebrating difference, while working better together. Competitive benefit package are available which may include Medical/Dental/Vision/401K and more. Please ask HR for details.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.