Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cortland, New York
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely. www.Intertek.com
Role & Responsibilities
The Import/ Export Administrator reports to the Operations Director with a dotted line to the VP of
Compliance and Risk North America and will support multiple U.S. Government, foreign government and
commercial programs within Intertek, ensuring that we meet regulatory, corporate and division export
and import compliance requirements while achieving business goals.
• Provide advice and guidance concerning the requirements and obligations of exporting under various Export Control Regulations including International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
• Assistance creating new procedures to ensure compliance with Export Controls
• Determine the jurisdiction and classification of both Import/Export items, technical data and related services and obtaining Commodity Jurisdictions and processing Commodity Classification Requests as needed.
• Ensure that all requirements are met prior to the use of an Exemption under ITAR or EAR, to include recordkeeping and reporting.
• Prepare license applications, Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing License Agreements and other requests for approval to the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Commerce.
• Assist with compliance audits and assessments
• Provide guidance to site functional teams regarding visitor management, technology marking, technology transmission methods, reporting and other administrative requirements for export compliance
• Review customer and supplier classifications and document internal concurrence or reclassification for export.
• Develop database to enable traceability and auditability of export compliance program and support the classification assigned
• Respond to classification inquiries from customers, vendors, government agencies, customs brokers, and others.
• Support the monitoring, maintenance, and retention of records and documentation for export shipments in accordance with local regulations and Intertek policies
• Bachelor Degree or Masters preferred, in business, law, engineering, logistics, or cybersecurity or related field.
• Minimum of Five (5) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have strong experience with import/export operations and ITAR & EAR regulatory requirements
• Must be able to travel as necessary (up to 20% travel).
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Prefer working experience in regulatory environment (ITAR and EAR) in the aerospace/defense industry.
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
• Must have good organizational skills, as well as, good verbal and written communication skills.
• Requires keen attention to detail, with the ability to research, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, and policies relative to scope of work including but not limited to U.S. Export Controls with focus on ITAR and EAR.
• Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, interpret and follow complicated written and verbal instructions, interpret regulations, and the ability to communicate both orally and in writing at a professional level.
• Perform duties with minimum supervision and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.