To solicit sales of kitchen and bath cabinets on a day to day basis in an effort to meet and/or exceed sales and expense targets.
* Responsible for all sales related functions of assigned home center locations
* Develop business relationships with department and store manager to promote home center sales with a special focus on A and B stores
* Preserve and improve client orders by performing regular store visits; sales personnel training; provide display Recommendations; POP updates; kitchen clinic presentations; and implementing sales promotions and incentives
* Development of time management and priority selling skills is essential for improvement of productivity and call efficiency
* Achieve sales, expense, and transactional quality goals
* Development and execution of store called strategy
* Maintenance of quality business relationships with key customers
* Execute marketing programs and promotions
* Participate in grand openings
* POP and display updates
* In-store training, clinics, and promotions assistance for sales personnel only
* Mediation of service and warranty issues
* Territory activity reporting
* Follow AWC policies and procedures in performing responsibilities of job
* Maintain and promote a team spirit among all AWC personnel.
This job typically has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
* Undergraduate degree in marketing, business or related field
* Proven track record in sales with 3 to 5 years of successful new business development experience
* Strong Leadership skills
* Drive, determination, and discipline of a self-starter
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Energy and focus to be goals and results oriented
* Excellent organization skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft windows based applications
* Must have valid license and no record of previous suspensions/revocations within the last 3 years
* Cannot have any vehicular offenses that resulted in a criminal conviction or more than 3 moving violations in the last year
Ability to read, and interpret common business documents including technical reports, charts, graphs and diagrams. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, members of the business community and public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds over head.
Significant travel, both in and out of town, is required. Travel is typically by company car and commercial air carrier. Typically offices will be out of a sales representative's private home. Hours will vary as necessitated by business. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled