Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Batavia, New York
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
HVAC Technician 2
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
Develop a career track
Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking an HVAC Technician 2. As an HVAC Technician 2, demonstrate a level of professionalism through positive communication and appearance that will be respected by other service personnel and provide an exemplary level of service to our customers! Delivering portable HVAC equipment to the customer demonstrating skills and performance in the use, operation, and repair of all company equipment. Additionally, checks in and repairs equipment, performs general shop duties and delivers/installs CC equipment, has significant or formal HVAC experience/training, may have an HVAC Certificate, which recognizes some level of formal training as well as the legal (state licensed) ability to work on refrigeration systems, able to troubleshoot and repair most Climate Control equipment, understands and applies all safety principles.
* Communicates professionally with customers, managers, and sales engineers to schedule deliveries, pick-ups and service calls.
* Delivers and installs rented HVAC equipment. Trains authorized operator (and/or customer) on safe use of equipment.
* Directs customers to sign appropriate paperwork. Keeps track of serial numbers.
* Successfully troubleshoots and completely understands the operation, function, specifications, capabilities and controls of any piece of rental equipment.
* Operates company vehicle safely and maintains a valid driver s license and excellent driving record free from points.
* Cleans and tests returned equipment making sure operation and appearance is up to standards.
* Completes appropriate paperwork for deliveries, pick-ups and service calls.
* Installs flexible gas hose on both propane and natural gas applications.
* Implements proper and safe procedures to check gas connections.
* Works with managers and sales engineers to maintain accurate records and tracking of in-stock and rented equipment.
* Is on call for emergency service and is available on a rotating schedule for emergency service response calls on weekends and evenings.
* Has significant or formal HVAC experience/training
* May have an HVAC Certificate, which recognizes some level of formal training as well as the legal (state licensed) ability to work on refrigeration systems
* Basic math skills
* Must be Mechanically inclined
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record required
* Must be at least 21 years or older
* Some after hours and weekend work will be required during peak times
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on:
Basic math skills
Must be Mechanically inclined
Able to work after hours and weekend work as required during peak times
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
GEAR UP FOR AN EXCITING CAREER!
IF A CURRENT SUNBELT RENTALS EMPLOYEE HAS REFERRED YOU FOR AN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PLEASE NOTIFY THEM THAT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION. IN ORDER FOR THE EMPLOYEE TO GET A REFERRAL BONUS THEY NEED TO CONTACT THEIR REGIONAL RECRUITER.