Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York City, New York
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for assisting in coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel s food production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to provide training for all staff, meet corporate quality standards, establish and enforce food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Executive Sous Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
* Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
* Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
* Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen areas.
* Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
* Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
* Assist in preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
* Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas.
* Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
* Ensure compliance with SOP s in all outlets.
* Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
* Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
* Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
* Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
* Work with the Executive Chef and the Director of F&B to create and implement menus.
* Design and implement employee cafeteria rotating menu and oversee cafeteria operations.
* Assist in coordinating, supervising and directing the Stewarding Department.
* Assist in computing daily food cost.
* Assist in proper training and direction of departmental assistants in compliance with company standards of quality, specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
* Understand daily forecasts and customer counts.
* Coordinate all par stock levels.
* Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
* Assist in the direction and training of all chefs to ensure adequate operation in all outlets.
* Assist in creating menus for prospective clients.
* Review and approve weekly payroll.
* Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
* Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, sanitation of the outlets, receiving daily inventories, log-on report and food cost report.
* Communicate to Engineering any physical maintenance problems.
* Assist catering sales on all special menus and price structures.
* A 2-year, 3-year or 4-year culinary degree and at least 4 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
* Previous supervisor responsibility is required.
* Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
* Long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.