Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter for the position of Sample Operator. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with machine operations such as (CNC machining, counter cutting, laser cutter, die making equipment, plotter table, etc.) and solid computer skills. This position's responsibilities include effectively and efficiently meeting internal and external customer needs, expectations, and requirements; as well as confronting complex processes and technical challenges requiring direct involvement, understanding, and support to reach resolution.
Position Mission / Summary
The Machine Trial Order (MTO) group is primarily responsible for the generation of production-quality folding paperboard carton samples that are used by our end-use customers for marketing, proof-of-design, and equipment set-up purposes. Further, the MTO group is responsible for the generation of production tooling-related materials (phenolic and steel counter plates, coating blankets, vinyls, spot sheets, etc.) that directly support our nation-wide network of commercial converting operations.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
* Actively monitor, maintain, and control work schedule (including daily load balancing) and back-log using computer programs and machine knowledge
* Run one or more machines as needed by the schedule
* Computer processing and design
* Effectively interface and interact with internal and external customers, stakeholders, peers, and co-workers to resolve issues (such as our plants, carton structure designers, and manufacturing designers) in a timely fashion
* Actively participate in employee Certification and Re-Certification activities
* Provide input to improving and create technical training documentation related to all Sample Operator roles
* Identify, develop, and lead Continuous Improvement initiatives
* Monitor, manage, and complete projects of varying focus, scope, complexity, and duration
* Fully understand and support assigned tasks and responsibilities associated with both internal and external customer inquiries and engagements
* Actively participate in periodic review and fine-tuning of Machine Trial Order processes and procedures to drive improvement
* Work independently and as part of a team to complete the schedule in a timely manner
* Others, as assigned
Your skills will be developed through the varied experiences you obtain as well as on-the-job training.
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties, as assigned by immediate manager and other management personnel.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
* Dynamic, flexible, and personable team player with the ability to participate in team activities to achieve desired results
* Effective time management and project management skills
* Highly detail-oriented
* Willingness to learn and be trained
* Ability to apply initiative and exercise good judgment when making timely decisions based on data, facts, and experience
* Solid computer skills
* Very high level of focus and attention to Safety, Quality, and Productivity expectations and requirements
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and meet short deadlines
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization
* Ability to work independently while supporting team goals and objectives
* Technical and analytical skills
* High Proficiency with computer systems: MS-Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
* High School Diploma or GED
* Ability to lift up to 35lbs on a routine basis
* College degree or equivalent professional experience
* High-level of mechanical knowledge and aptitude for CNC machining, printing/coating, die cutting, production tooling design, finishing processes, and graphics layout
* Prior demonstrated experience (0-2 years) with hands-on production of folding paperboard carton structures