Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
# of Openings
Cadmus seeks an experienced Desktop Support Technician to support a Windows-based infrastructure in our Bethesda, Maryland location.
The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for evaluating, solving, and prioritizing tickets submitted by in-person and remote users, providing users with ticket status, and escalating tickets to the appropriate tier support for resolution. The position will function within a team of technicians providing desktop support services.
* Support and troubleshoot IT infrastructure, including Ethernet and wireless networks, laptops, VOIP phones, audiovisual equipment, scanners, and printers
* Manage identity management systems such as Active Directory and Office 365
* Troubleshoot technologies, including, but not limited to: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Office 365, Windows servers and workstations, remote access VPN, and network equipment
* Provide tier 1 application support for SharePoint, Skype for Business, and Microsoft Office
* Provide audiovisual support for in-person meetings as well as audio, video, and web conferences
* Manage VOIP phones
* Keep up-to-date on the latest security threats and assist in patching
* Provide employee onboarding training to familiarize users with basic software, hardware, and peripheral device operation
* Maintain end-user documentation and IT infrastructure inventory
* Occasionally work non-business hours providing system and application support
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* Minimum two (2) to five (5) years of experience providing desktop support
* Ability to troubleshoot, rebuild, reconfigure, and repair Windows 7/10 desktop OS
* Ability to take ownership of tickets and problems assigned, accurately record work performed, and troubleshoot issues (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely fashion
* Hands-on experience deploying VoIP phones
* Knowledge and experience managing and supporting Active Directory, Office 365, Server 2012, and Microsoft Office
* Knowledge and experience configuring and maintaining end-user laptops
* Knowledge and experience performing general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers, and peripheral equipment
* Experience with multiple operating systems, including Windows 7/10, IOS, and Android
* Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and deliver on commitments
* Flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary in a deadline-oriented environment
* Proven customer service skills and effective time management, planning and organizing skills
* Ability to function effectively in a team environment
* Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and maintain a professional demeanor under stress
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for customer interaction and ticket documentation
* Capable of lifting and moving computers, monitors, printers, and other IT peripherals up to 50 lbs.
Education / Certifications:
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent preferred. Combination of education, specific certifications and experience will be considered in lieu of degree
* CompTIA Security+, A+, or Network+ desired
Cadmus is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected group status.
To learn more about Cadmus, visit our website www.cadmusgroup.com