Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York City, New York
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for assisting in coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of F&B outlet s operations, while maintaining a profitable F&B outlet and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
* Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the outlet.
* Supervise outlet personnel.
* Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
* Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of issues as they arise.
* Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
* Assist in coordinating and monitoring all phases of Loss Prevention in the outlet.
* Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
* Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
* Monitor quality of service in F&B outlet.
* Assist in menu planning and preparation.
* Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
* Ensure compliance with SOP s in all outlets.
* Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
* Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during each meal period.
* Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
* Ensure the training of employees on SOP s and technical job tasks.
* Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (CARE, One to One), etc.
* Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
* Complete tip reporting.
* Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlet (if applicable), including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.