Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Clara, California
Cloudera is looking for an experienced Revenue Accountant to join our team, the position will report to a Sr. Manager, Revenue Operations. In light of the recent merger activities of our Company, you will be heavily involved in process improvements and automation projects to harmonize, streamline and improve processes for the combined company. This is an exciting opportunity to work on end-to-end workstreams and be able to influence the design of key procedures. In addition, you will be involved in all aspects of month-end and quarter-end close, including but not limited to:
* Serve as the primary revenue business contact for Training and Professional Services team. This will include ensuring Training and Professional Services revenue are accurately set-up in the system and work closely with Training and AR team.
* Process orders in system to ensure all documentation is in compliance with company policy and work closely with Sales Operations and Accounts Receivables teams from order entry perspective.
* Perform the monthly close tasks associated with revenue including the preparation of various reconciliations, monthly revenue journal entries and monthly revenue related analysis for close.
* Work closely with external audit team regarding all quarterly review and annual audit requirements.
* Assist in system testing related to automation of processes and system enhancement activities with new products.
* Develop process narratives and assist with SOX implementation and testing by designing and implementing process and controls to ensure SOX compliance
* Prepare weekly / monthly internal financial reports
* Participate in ad-hoc projects as required
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance
* 2-3 years professional experience, including 1 year of experience in revenue recognition
* Advanced Excel skills are required, familiar with Salesforce.com
* Experience with NetSuite is a plus
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
* Very strong written and verbal communication skill
* Willing to be a team player
Cloudera is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.