Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Clara, California
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.
As an IT Security Intern you will work together with members of the IT Security department to support their daily operations. You will have an excellent opportunity to learn aspects of IT security applied in a global company and become familiar with technology and tools used to protect company assets. This internship gives a unique chance to dive into the world of cyber security, and to partner with and be mentored by a team of IT Security professionals.
* Support team members on daily operational tasks
* Work on incidents, requests and small projects
* Monitor and analyze incident logs
* Perform testing and documentation on new security initiatives
* Assist colleagues in completing similar tasks and performing other duties as required
* Currently enrolled in or completed a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university
* Knowledge of Windows Operating system, any additional OS would be a
* Analytical mindset combined with problem solving skills
* General knowledge of IT security terms and processes is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.