Posted in Other 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Clara, California
Keysight is the world's leading electronic measurement company, helping scientists and engineers address their toughest technical challenges with confidence through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to deliver measurement solutions in wireless communications, aerospace and defense, and semiconductor markets with world-class platforms, software and consistent measurement science.
This position is with Keysight's Semiconductor Infrastructure Solutions (SIS) organization. We are a world leader in the design and manufacture of laser interferometry systems, precision optical components, complex monolithic optics (CMOs), and advanced electronic measurement solutions. Our systems offer high precision in a wide dynamic range, the ability to simultaneously measure position with multiple degrees of freedom, and the highest accuracy available in both air and vacuum environments.
We are seeking an experienced Opto-Mechanical Engineer to join our core R&D team. The selected candidate will have opportunities to research new technology, transform concepts and strategies into structured projects, and make key technical decisions to drive product development and customer success.
Job Description: As an experienced Opto-Mechanical Engineer, you will help define, develop, test, and launch solutions for our next generation metrology product family. You will work alongside engineers and technicians producing systems which include lasers, polarizing optics, fiber optics, precision mechanics, and electronics. You should have experience developing precision instruments that include optics, lasers, or similar components. Concurrent with the product development, you will specify manufacturing tools and processes.
- Define, develop, and prototype new solutions based on system requirements.
- Experience with exact constraint design (kinematic principles).
- Analyze design performance through 3D CAD and finite element analysis (FEA) simulations.
- Characterize solutions for optical stability, repeatability, and reliability through experiments and structured test plans.
- Develop manufacturing processes for the assembly and alignment of the products you create.
- Design tools and fixtures to aid in alignment, fabrication, gluing, and assembly of lasers, interferometers, and optical components.
- Define, implement, and transfer manufacturing processes to production staff.
- Measure laser properties and optical performance to ensure product specifications are met.
- Generate and implement Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
- Troubleshoot technical opto-mechanical production problems and support product repair activities.
- Work with other R&D engineers to support and participate in New Product Introduction activities.
- Maintain knowledge in your primary area of expertise and understanding of technologies and standards required for the development of Keysight products.
- Protect IP through disclosures, patent applications, defensive publications, or similar
Skills and Knowledge Qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years of experience and a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, or similar technical field.
- In depth knowledge of mechanical design principles to create products and tools.
- Experience taking a concept from prototype to volume production.
- Expertise in one or more of the following technical areas: kinematic design, optics, adhesives, vacuum, and precision machining.
- Self-starter able to think and act independently to translate general objectives into tangible results, with a record of delivering successful designs on schedule.
- Proficiency in using ME CAD tools for design and FEA for analysis. (PTC Creo and ANSYS preferred)
- Excellent communication and ability to work well in team environment with people at all levels.
- Direct design experience with precision opto-mechanical products such as lasers, interferometers, fiber optics collimators or optical systems.
- Familiarity with optical design principles and ray tracing.
- Experience with semiconductor capital equipment and/or precision motion controls.
- Knowledge of and significant prior experience in optics and laser systems is highly desirable.
- MS or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, or similar technical field.
***Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.***
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Candidates can be considered to work from the following locations:
Americas : United States : California : Santa Clara
Job ID : 34244