Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Johns Creek, Georgia
Requisition ID: 37839
Business Unit: Training Systems Atlanta (3300)
GA, United States, 30024
MTSI is a global leader in Live Fire and Virtual training equipment. MTSI currently has ~400 employees in 7 countries - US, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Holland, and UAE, performing sales and service activities with a majority of employees located in Suwanee, GA. Most of the production and engineering is performed in Suwanee.
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Mechanical Engineer provides expertise in developing, designing and testing the necessary mechanical products per requirements and specifications. Performs mechanical development and integration assignments.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Perform engineering design and development of new products
* Evaluate, design, and modify mechanical parts and assembly components
* Work closely with Subject Matter Experts, Project Engineers, and Hardware Engineers to communicate issues
* Design using 3D modeling software (Pro/E/Creo and Wildfire preferred)
* Handle technical projects from concept to production
* Write detailed test procedures
* Given requirements, be capable of understanding developed features and functionality well enough to design them
* Interact with customers in a professional manner
* Accomplish assigned and inferred tasks with minimal supervision
* Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years experience; or non-BSME with 8 years design
YEARS\' EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of design experience
* Knowledge of basic pneumatics
* Knowledge of machining processes and materials
* Ability to learn effective and safe handling of a wide variety of military and police weapons (real and simulators)
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Project) and other computer applications
* Ability to work in fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.