Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Log back in!
SR QA ENGINEER STEELCENTRAL PORTAL
Job Locations US-MD-Bethesda
With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed The Digital Performance Company provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue annually and 30,000+ customers including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are looking for a talented Sr. Software Quality Assurance Software Engineer for SteelCentral Portal s Quality Assurance (QA) Team. In addition to continuously enhancing and extending our manual test cases, our QA Team is working on expanding our test automation framework. Your automation and manual tests will help enable Riverbed to meet our high quality standards, efficient development goals, and release deadlines.
* Develop, extend, document, execute, and analyze manual and automated regression, functional, and performance tests for our product
* Troubleshoot unexpected behavior, deep-dive into issues to learn why they happen, file defect reports, and work with software developers to improve quality
* Work with and extend our automated test framework in Python
* Interact with various development teams and other stakeholders to understand testing requirements and provide guidance
* Participate in defining and communicating best practices
* Be an integral part of a team where everyone collaborates to deliver products with the highest level of quality
You should have:
* 5-10+ years of QA experience in an engineering setting, with strong preference for operating in a technical space with a high degree of critical thinking and problem-solving
* A passion for breaking software and the ability to come up with novel ways to assess product quality
* Flexible and creative thinking, and a nigh-insatiable sense of curiosity
* Experience testing complex web applications
* Strong experience with QA methodologies and an ability to design automated and manual test cases to provide full coverage of new and legacy features
* Solid technical background with a Bachelor s or Master s degree in CS/CE/EE or a related field
* Provable design and programming skills with knowledge of at least one language such as Python or Java
* Experience building or extending automated test frameworks and harnesses
* Experience with browser automation tools like Selenium
* Solid working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
* Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
* The drive and motivation to accomplish your goals both independently and as part of the team
* The ability to synthesize information quickly and easily
* A logical and creative approach to troubleshooting and solving complex problems
* Aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies
* Strong and clear communication skills that enable you to effectively explain complex software design considerations
* Excellent attention to detail
* Team player with a good sense of humor
Bonus points if you have experience with:
* Current development environment tools and common python test tools such as unittest, pytest, and nose
* Automated build / continuous-integration systems like Jenkins
* Source code management/version control systems such as Git
* QA automation tools such as JMeter, and SilkTest
* Virtualization technologies and with the setup and configuration of virtual systems
* Working knowledge of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, CI, Git
* Experience with Postman API Development Environment
Why Riverbed Technology*
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Learn more about Riverbed: www.riverbed.com
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.