Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chevy Chase, Maryland
POSITION: Field Finance Coordinator (6 Months)
Chevy Chase, MD
JOB ID: 1143
# OF OPENINGS: 1
HOURS: Full Time, Exempt
PERIOD: Present December 2019
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CO., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Field Finance Coordinator focuses on account reconciliations voucher review and financial report reconciliation of assigned overseas offices. Assigned offices have a higher level of complexity and varying volume of transactional activity as the personnel s sole responsibility pertains to field accounting tasks. For each assigned office, the Field Accounting Coordinator s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Review monthly field finance report reconciliation for assigned countries/projects field finance reports and supporting documentation/vouchers, bank statement reconciliation to G/L, AR, AP, prepaid expense, tax and payroll liabilities, accrued expenses, travel advance and settlement.
* Ensure compliance with company, donor, and government regulations. Communicate the findings to the field office and follow up to clear those findings.
* Review field financial reports for timely submission, proper recording of transactions and accurate utilization of the chart of accounts
* Review field office wire requests to ascertain the reasonableness of the request and the availability of approved documentation. Relay any atypical request deviations to the Finance Manager for further clarification as necessary.
* Assist field offices with their monthly wire projections
* Actively participate in the creation and preparation of Field and HQ finance training sessions, especially Quick Books
* Maintain and coordinate proactive communications with field finance personnel and Project Coordinators (PC) to provide timely finance support.
* As needed, perform field office reviews to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, in addition to identifying lessons learned for implementation in other field offices and applicable areas for improvement
* Additional duties may be assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Four-year undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related major or equivalent work experience.
* Familiarity with compliance to Federal Acquisitions Regulations.
* Strong proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel.
* Ability to manage high volume workload in fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Knowledge and experience working with USAID and other major donors preferred.
* Experience with Quickbooks and Costpoint preferred.
* Strong communication skills.
* Fluency in another language in addition to English preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC s Career Opportunities page at WWW.URC-CHS.COM/CAREER-OPPORTUNITIES.
YOU MUST ATTACH YOUR CV/R SUM AND YOUR COVER LETTER WHERE INDICATED. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID FORM 1420 CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEE BIOGRAPHICAL DATA SHEET as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC IS AN E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
URC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE VALUE AND SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.