Posted in Other 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Stockbridge, Georgia
Safely operate a fully automated residential truck and ancillary equipment on assigned route while providing quality collection service to established customers. Transport solid waste to disposal site.
• Operate a fully automated side loading truck, ancillary equipment and hydraulic system while driving alone on public roadway to collect solid waste on specified collection route.
• Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
• Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
• Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
• Follow all safety and equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
• Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
• Comply with all information requests from superiors in order to ensure compliance with work rules and company policy.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
• Possess valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
• Minimum two (2) years satisfactory driving experience of Class A or B vehicles.
• Clean driving record.
• Must pass a DOT physical including drug screening.
• Must pass Waste Industries written and road test evaluation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to operate any vehicle or equipment necessary to perform job.
• Ability to communicate in writing and verbally with others.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and apply to job.
• Ability to write simple reports and correspondence such as pre- and post-trip inspections, accident reports, daily paperwork, etc.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple correspondence and instructions such as company policies and procedures, etc.
• Ability to apply common sense reasoning to carry out uninvolved written and/or oral instructions and to solve general problems.
• Ability to follow instructions and work under limited supervision.
Waste Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.